Gwyneth Paltrow: 'Solo Album Is Scary'
Gwyneth Paltrow showed off her vocal skills by playing a struggling singer in last year's "Country Strong", while also showcasing her talent with a recurring role in TV musical "Glee". She has also performed live at events including the recent Academy Awards and the Grammys.
Gwyneth Paltrow insists recent reports which suggest she has inked a deal with Atlantic Records are untrue - but she is open to signing a contract and releasing an album in the future.
She tells U.S. chat show host Ellen DeGeneres, "Well, I haven't signed anything but I'm thinking about it. I kind of have to get my head around the concept of it and how I would want to do it. Do it in a right way."
"It's hard to think of switching because all the singing I've been doing has been coming out of 'Country Strong' or 'Glee'. So I think, how would I do that? Just a record by myself feels a little scary to me. I would like to in theory but we'll see."
"I like all kinds of music. I don't think it would be a real poppy record. (Britney Spears has) cornered that market."
The full interview is set to air in America on Friday.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture