Gwyneth Paltrow: 'Solo Album Is Scary'
Gwyneth Paltrow showed off her vocal skills by playing a struggling singer in last year's "Country Strong", while also showcasing her talent with a recurring role in TV musical "Glee". She has also performed live at events including the recent Academy Awards and the Grammys.
Gwyneth Paltrow insists recent reports which suggest she has inked a deal with Atlantic Records are untrue - but she is open to signing a contract and releasing an album in the future.
She tells U.S. chat show host Ellen DeGeneres, "Well, I haven't signed anything but I'm thinking about it. I kind of have to get my head around the concept of it and how I would want to do it. Do it in a right way."
"It's hard to think of switching because all the singing I've been doing has been coming out of 'Country Strong' or 'Glee'. So I think, how would I do that? Just a record by myself feels a little scary to me. I would like to in theory but we'll see."
"I like all kinds of music. I don't think it would be a real poppy record. (Britney Spears has) cornered that market."
The full interview is set to air in America on Friday.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'