Gwyneth Paltrow: 'Solo Album Is Scary'
Gwyneth Paltrow showed off her vocal skills by playing a struggling singer in last year's "Country Strong", while also showcasing her talent with a recurring role in TV musical "Glee". She has also performed live at events including the recent Academy Awards and the Grammys.
Gwyneth Paltrow insists recent reports which suggest she has inked a deal with Atlantic Records are untrue - but she is open to signing a contract and releasing an album in the future.
She tells U.S. chat show host Ellen DeGeneres, "Well, I haven't signed anything but I'm thinking about it. I kind of have to get my head around the concept of it and how I would want to do it. Do it in a right way."
"It's hard to think of switching because all the singing I've been doing has been coming out of 'Country Strong' or 'Glee'. So I think, how would I do that? Just a record by myself feels a little scary to me. I would like to in theory but we'll see."
"I like all kinds of music. I don't think it would be a real poppy record. (Britney Spears has) cornered that market."
The full interview is set to air in America on Friday.
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party