Gwyneth Paltrow: 'Solo Album Is Scary'
Gwyneth Paltrow showed off her vocal skills by playing a struggling singer in last year's "Country Strong", while also showcasing her talent with a recurring role in TV musical "Glee". She has also performed live at events including the recent Academy Awards and the Grammys.
Gwyneth Paltrow insists recent reports which suggest she has inked a deal with Atlantic Records are untrue - but she is open to signing a contract and releasing an album in the future.
She tells U.S. chat show host Ellen DeGeneres, "Well, I haven't signed anything but I'm thinking about it. I kind of have to get my head around the concept of it and how I would want to do it. Do it in a right way."
"It's hard to think of switching because all the singing I've been doing has been coming out of 'Country Strong' or 'Glee'. So I think, how would I do that? Just a record by myself feels a little scary to me. I would like to in theory but we'll see."
"I like all kinds of music. I don't think it would be a real poppy record. (Britney Spears has) cornered that market."
The full interview is set to air in America on Friday.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4