Mel Gibson Convinced 'Justice' Will Prevail in Custody Battle
The "Braveheart" star, Mel Gibson, split from his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva early last year and she went on to accuse him of beating her in a violent domestic dispute, while tapes of their arguments leaked online.
Mel Gibson pleaded no contest to a charge of battery last month, but the former couple's court battle is far from over as they continue to fight over custody arrangements for their young daughter, Lucia.
The troubled actor admits he is forbidden from talking about the case due to a court order, but he is convinced he will secure a fair agreement with his former partner.
He tells Deadline.com, "It's important to me that it's dealt with correctly and it's important that I maintain my integrity through this for the sake of those I love. So speaking about it is just not on and apart from anything else, I'm prohibited by court order."
"Now, the system is flawed as we know, but you've got to ride with that. I think that it will all eventually come out in the wash and I'm depending on that. I have a lot of faith in that... At the end of the day, they're trying to work in a fashion that achieves some kind of justice. I'm going to hook my hitch onto that and follow that through."
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli