Mel Gibson Convinced 'Justice' Will Prevail in Custody Battle
The "Braveheart" star, Mel Gibson, split from his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva early last year and she went on to accuse him of beating her in a violent domestic dispute, while tapes of their arguments leaked online.
Mel Gibson pleaded no contest to a charge of battery last month, but the former couple's court battle is far from over as they continue to fight over custody arrangements for their young daughter, Lucia.
The troubled actor admits he is forbidden from talking about the case due to a court order, but he is convinced he will secure a fair agreement with his former partner.
He tells Deadline.com, "It's important to me that it's dealt with correctly and it's important that I maintain my integrity through this for the sake of those I love. So speaking about it is just not on and apart from anything else, I'm prohibited by court order."
"Now, the system is flawed as we know, but you've got to ride with that. I think that it will all eventually come out in the wash and I'm depending on that. I have a lot of faith in that... At the end of the day, they're trying to work in a fashion that achieves some kind of justice. I'm going to hook my hitch onto that and follow that through."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie