Mel Gibson Convinced 'Justice' Will Prevail in Custody Battle
The "Braveheart" star, Mel Gibson, split from his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva early last year and she went on to accuse him of beating her in a violent domestic dispute, while tapes of their arguments leaked online.
Mel Gibson pleaded no contest to a charge of battery last month, but the former couple's court battle is far from over as they continue to fight over custody arrangements for their young daughter, Lucia.
The troubled actor admits he is forbidden from talking about the case due to a court order, but he is convinced he will secure a fair agreement with his former partner.
He tells Deadline.com, "It's important to me that it's dealt with correctly and it's important that I maintain my integrity through this for the sake of those I love. So speaking about it is just not on and apart from anything else, I'm prohibited by court order."
"Now, the system is flawed as we know, but you've got to ride with that. I think that it will all eventually come out in the wash and I'm depending on that. I have a lot of faith in that... At the end of the day, they're trying to work in a fashion that achieves some kind of justice. I'm going to hook my hitch onto that and follow that through."
More Mel Gibson News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media