Kara DioGuardi Sued Over Car Crash
The songwriter's ex-employee, Christina Kline, was in an accident last year in Los Angeles while driving a BMW which is co-registered to former "American Idol" judge, Kara DioGuardi. Kline was reportedly instructed to remove DioGuardi's name from the registration when she left her employment in 2009, but failed to do so, according to the star's representative.
DioGuardi has now been served legal papers by Joel Postorino, who claims he was injured in the crash and is now seeking approximately $250,000 (GBP156,250) in damages, according to TMZ.com.
The musician's rep says, "When Ms. Kline left Kara's company in November 2009, she was asked to remove Kara's name from the registration, but never did. She was in a car accident in May 2010 that Kara did not know about until... she was served papers."
The case is due to go to court in July.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival