Kara DioGuardi Sued Over Car Crash
The songwriter's ex-employee, Christina Kline, was in an accident last year in Los Angeles while driving a BMW which is co-registered to former "American Idol" judge, Kara DioGuardi. Kline was reportedly instructed to remove DioGuardi's name from the registration when she left her employment in 2009, but failed to do so, according to the star's representative.
DioGuardi has now been served legal papers by Joel Postorino, who claims he was injured in the crash and is now seeking approximately $250,000 (GBP156,250) in damages, according to TMZ.com.
The musician's rep says, "When Ms. Kline left Kara's company in November 2009, she was asked to remove Kara's name from the registration, but never did. She was in a car accident in May 2010 that Kara did not know about until... she was served papers."
The case is due to go to court in July.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart