Kara DioGuardi Sued Over Car Crash
The songwriter's ex-employee, Christina Kline, was in an accident last year in Los Angeles while driving a BMW which is co-registered to former "American Idol" judge, Kara DioGuardi. Kline was reportedly instructed to remove DioGuardi's name from the registration when she left her employment in 2009, but failed to do so, according to the star's representative.
DioGuardi has now been served legal papers by Joel Postorino, who claims he was injured in the crash and is now seeking approximately $250,000 (GBP156,250) in damages, according to TMZ.com.
The musician's rep says, "When Ms. Kline left Kara's company in November 2009, she was asked to remove Kara's name from the registration, but never did. She was in a car accident in May 2010 that Kara did not know about until... she was served papers."
The case is due to go to court in July.
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant