Max B Hoping to Be Released From Prison
Incarcerated rapper Max B is hoping he will be released from prison later this year now he has filed an appeal against his 75-year jail sentence. The hip-hop star, real name Charly Wingate, was jailed in 2009 after he was found guilty of murdering David Taylor during a botched hotel robbery in 2006.
A 'Free Max B Campaign' was subsequently launched to raise money to fund an appeal. The rapper has now completed the necessary paperwork for the appeal to move forward - and Wingate is confident he will walk free as soon as the files are processed.
He tells AllHipHop.com, "The appeal process is done, finally, it's been done for about a month now. So now what they do is, the prosecutor responds back and you get a letter. They tell you, you gotta (sic) wait eight to 10 months for a response from the appellate court."
"You might see me in the summer, you might see me at the end of the year. I'm just waiting on the appellate courts. All my paperwork is done." Wingate, who was in the process of releasing his debut album prior to his conviction, also reveals he is finding life behind bars tough.
He adds, "I try not to be too popular in this joint, be real humble, stay regular. I don't want to be too exotic up in here, this ain't (sic) the spot for that. My thing is coming home, back to the family, back to the people and doing what I do best on the real level. In the streets, in the town, where I need to be back in the studio, back on the road, making hits..."
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details