Bret Michaels Replacing Jerry Seinfeld in Trump's Charity Golf Tournament
Rocker Bret Michaels has stepped in to replace comedian Jerry Seinfeld after the comic upset Donald Trump by pulling out of his son's charity golf tournament. Trump blasted Seinfeld after the funnyman dropped out of the upcoming benefit The Eric Trump Foundation, over the tycoon's ongoing questions about President Barack Obama's citizenship.
The real estate tycoon, who is considering a possible presidential run, fired off an angry letter to Seinfeld on Wednesday, April 20, telling him he ought to be "ashamed" for withdrawing from the gala, benefiting the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Seinfeld's spot has been filled by Poison singer Michaels, who won Trump's "The Celebrity Apprentice" TV challenge in 2010.
Michaels says, "Donald Trump and his family have been wonderful to me, and St Jude's Children's Hospital is one of my favorite charities, so I'm honored to have been asked by Eric and the rest of the Trump family to be a part of this event and help raise money for such an admirable cause."
And commenting on Seinfeld's decision to pull out of the event, the rocker adds, "We should never allow the spirit of generosity to be overshadowed by divisive political beliefs."
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy