Bret Michaels Replacing Jerry Seinfeld in Trump's Charity Golf Tournament
Rocker Bret Michaels has stepped in to replace comedian Jerry Seinfeld after the comic upset Donald Trump by pulling out of his son's charity golf tournament. Trump blasted Seinfeld after the funnyman dropped out of the upcoming benefit The Eric Trump Foundation, over the tycoon's ongoing questions about President Barack Obama's citizenship.
The real estate tycoon, who is considering a possible presidential run, fired off an angry letter to Seinfeld on Wednesday, April 20, telling him he ought to be "ashamed" for withdrawing from the gala, benefiting the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Seinfeld's spot has been filled by Poison singer Michaels, who won Trump's "The Celebrity Apprentice" TV challenge in 2010.
Michaels says, "Donald Trump and his family have been wonderful to me, and St Jude's Children's Hospital is one of my favorite charities, so I'm honored to have been asked by Eric and the rest of the Trump family to be a part of this event and help raise money for such an admirable cause."
And commenting on Seinfeld's decision to pull out of the event, the rocker adds, "We should never allow the spirit of generosity to be overshadowed by divisive political beliefs."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story