Sophie Cranston's Company Distances Itself From Royal Wedding Gown Story
News website TheHuffingtonPost.com broke the Sophie Cranston story earlier this week and correspondent Yvonne Yorke appeared on TV show "Access Hollywood Live" on Wednesday insisting she was 100 per cent sure her facts were right.
But on Thursday, a Libelula spokesperson released a statement, insisting the company had not been asked to design the royal wedding dress, which Middleton will wear when she exchanges vows with Prince William on April 29.
The statement reads, "For the purpose of clarification, we are not designing Kate Middleton's wedding dress. We, like everyone else, can't wait to find out who is."
Designer Bruce Oldfield and Sarah Buxton, the creative director of late fashion king Alexander McQueen's company, have also been linked to the royal gown.
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon