Madison De La Garza Credits Demi Lovato With Helping Her Through the Dark Days
The Disney star, Demi Lovato checked into a treatment centre to deal with a number of issues, including anorexia and bulimia, self-harming and bipolar disorder, and she has one person to thank for giving her the strength to fight through her personal struggles - Madison De La Garza - her nine-year old half-sister, who plays Eva Longoria's daughter on the hit U.S. TV show "Desperate Housewives".
In an interview with U.S. news show "20/20", which will air in its entirety on Friday, she says, "I had to think of her (Madison) all the time when I was really, really rough. But I just kept thinking, 'OK, set this example for your little sister'."
"There were days where I didn't want to get out of bed, but looking at a picture of my little sister on my little bulletin board was one of the main things that kept me going."
More Demi Lovato News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage