Madison De La Garza Credits Demi Lovato With Helping Her Through the Dark Days
The Disney star, Demi Lovato checked into a treatment centre to deal with a number of issues, including anorexia and bulimia, self-harming and bipolar disorder, and she has one person to thank for giving her the strength to fight through her personal struggles - Madison De La Garza - her nine-year old half-sister, who plays Eva Longoria's daughter on the hit U.S. TV show "Desperate Housewives".
In an interview with U.S. news show "20/20", which will air in its entirety on Friday, she says, "I had to think of her (Madison) all the time when I was really, really rough. But I just kept thinking, 'OK, set this example for your little sister'."
"There were days where I didn't want to get out of bed, but looking at a picture of my little sister on my little bulletin board was one of the main things that kept me going."
More Demi Lovato News
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory