Madison De La Garza Credits Demi Lovato With Helping Her Through the Dark Days
The Disney star, Demi Lovato checked into a treatment centre to deal with a number of issues, including anorexia and bulimia, self-harming and bipolar disorder, and she has one person to thank for giving her the strength to fight through her personal struggles - Madison De La Garza - her nine-year old half-sister, who plays Eva Longoria's daughter on the hit U.S. TV show "Desperate Housewives".
In an interview with U.S. news show "20/20", which will air in its entirety on Friday, she says, "I had to think of her (Madison) all the time when I was really, really rough. But I just kept thinking, 'OK, set this example for your little sister'."
"There were days where I didn't want to get out of bed, but looking at a picture of my little sister on my little bulletin board was one of the main things that kept me going."
More Demi Lovato News
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia