Director Bryan Singer Almost Dozed Off Watching His Own Movie
Bryan Singer was surprised by his own reaction to the movie when he showed an early cut to a test audience, and he was galvanised into trimming it down to 100 minutes.
And he is grateful for a scathing online review of the initial version - because it provided him with the perfect opening to the movie.
Bryan Singer tells Total Film magazine, "The first cut we showed to a bunch of people was so languid and terrible, I almost fell asleep during it, my own movie. I didn't mean for it to be screened that early, and then someone posted a review on the internet..."
"I never told anyone this, but this horrible, mean, awful, terrible review of the slow, miserable first cut of "X-Men" inspired one thing. It was something the reviewer said, like, 'We don't even know what these mutants are!' And that gave me an idea for a preamble, Xavier's preamble... I thought, this'll become our thing, like the gun barrel at the start of James Bond, and we'll have it in front of every movie. So as much as I hate those evil internet reviews, it actually helped me come up with that!"
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert