Donald Trump Blasts Jerry Seinfeld for Benefit Cancellation
Jerry Seinfeld was due to perform at a benefit for The Eric Trump Foundation, run by the mogul's son, in September, but cancelled after Donald Trump began publicly questioning President Barack Obama's citizenship.
The real estate tycoon, who is considering a possible presidential run, has been vocal about his disapproval of the country's leader and has raised doubts over whether Obama was born in the U.S.
A furious Trump fired off an angry letter to Jerry Seinfeld on Wednesday, telling him he ought to be "ashamed" for withdrawing from the gala, benefiting the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Trump writes, "I just learned you cancelled a show for my son's charity because of the fact that I am being very aggressive with respect to President Obama, who is doing an absolutely terrible job as our leader."
"The Apprentice" star then goes on the attack by admitting he wished he had axed his appearance on Jerry Seinfeld's TV series "The Marriage Ref".
Trump adds, "We don't care that you broke your commitment even though the children of St. Jude are very disappointed, and despite the fact that your manager clearly stated you are 'truly a man of his word'."
"What I do feel badly about is that I agreed to do, and did, your failed show, 'The Marriage Ref', even though I thought it was absolutely terrible... Despite its poor ratings, I didn't cancel on you like you cancelled on my son and St. Jude. I only wish I did. You should be ashamed of yourself!"
Jerry Seinfeld made a contribution to both The Eric Trump Foundation and St. Jude after cancelling his slot.
More Donald Trump News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'