Steven Patrick Morrissey Clears Up David Cameron Rumour
Former The Smiths frontman, Morrissey hit headlines in December when he spoke out to slam David Cameron for his stag-hunting hobby.
The committed vegetarian and animal rights activist was responding after the politician admitted he enjoys listening to The Smiths - and the war-of-words sparked claims Morrissey had refused to allow Cameron backstage at a gig.
The singer has now spoken out to clear up the rumours, revealing there has been no spat with Cameron but he still can't understand why the British leader is a fan of his music.
Morrissey tells BBC Radio 4, "He has been to many, many Morrissey concerts and (a newspaper) at one stage wrote that I had banned him from coming backstage, which of course is absolute c**p. But it's a mystery. I have never met him. He has never knocked on the dressing room door."
"When you make music, of course you are happy that anybody listens, whoever that may be, but (when it's) somebody with such an extreme lifestyle as David Cameron, killing stags as a hobby, (for) sport, you're mystified. I just can't see how it joins."
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna