Steven Patrick Morrissey Clears Up David Cameron Rumour
Former The Smiths frontman, Morrissey hit headlines in December when he spoke out to slam David Cameron for his stag-hunting hobby.
The committed vegetarian and animal rights activist was responding after the politician admitted he enjoys listening to The Smiths - and the war-of-words sparked claims Morrissey had refused to allow Cameron backstage at a gig.
The singer has now spoken out to clear up the rumours, revealing there has been no spat with Cameron but he still can't understand why the British leader is a fan of his music.
Morrissey tells BBC Radio 4, "He has been to many, many Morrissey concerts and (a newspaper) at one stage wrote that I had banned him from coming backstage, which of course is absolute c**p. But it's a mystery. I have never met him. He has never knocked on the dressing room door."
"When you make music, of course you are happy that anybody listens, whoever that may be, but (when it's) somebody with such an extreme lifestyle as David Cameron, killing stags as a hobby, (for) sport, you're mystified. I just can't see how it joins."
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4