Steven Patrick Morrissey Clears Up David Cameron Rumour
Former The Smiths frontman, Morrissey hit headlines in December when he spoke out to slam David Cameron for his stag-hunting hobby.
The committed vegetarian and animal rights activist was responding after the politician admitted he enjoys listening to The Smiths - and the war-of-words sparked claims Morrissey had refused to allow Cameron backstage at a gig.
The singer has now spoken out to clear up the rumours, revealing there has been no spat with Cameron but he still can't understand why the British leader is a fan of his music.
Morrissey tells BBC Radio 4, "He has been to many, many Morrissey concerts and (a newspaper) at one stage wrote that I had banned him from coming backstage, which of course is absolute c**p. But it's a mystery. I have never met him. He has never knocked on the dressing room door."
"When you make music, of course you are happy that anybody listens, whoever that may be, but (when it's) somebody with such an extreme lifestyle as David Cameron, killing stags as a hobby, (for) sport, you're mystified. I just can't see how it joins."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic