Steven Patrick Morrissey Clears Up David Cameron Rumour
Former The Smiths frontman, Morrissey hit headlines in December when he spoke out to slam David Cameron for his stag-hunting hobby.
The committed vegetarian and animal rights activist was responding after the politician admitted he enjoys listening to The Smiths - and the war-of-words sparked claims Morrissey had refused to allow Cameron backstage at a gig.
The singer has now spoken out to clear up the rumours, revealing there has been no spat with Cameron but he still can't understand why the British leader is a fan of his music.
Morrissey tells BBC Radio 4, "He has been to many, many Morrissey concerts and (a newspaper) at one stage wrote that I had banned him from coming backstage, which of course is absolute c**p. But it's a mystery. I have never met him. He has never knocked on the dressing room door."
"When you make music, of course you are happy that anybody listens, whoever that may be, but (when it's) somebody with such an extreme lifestyle as David Cameron, killing stags as a hobby, (for) sport, you're mystified. I just can't see how it joins."
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'