Francesca Battistelli Wins Big at Gospel Awards
The 25-year-old singer, Francesca Battistelli saw off competition from artists including Chris Tomlin, tobyMac, Jason Crabb and Natalie Grant to scoop the accolade. Francesca Battistelli also took home Best Female Vocalist and Pop-Contemporary Recorded Song for "Beautiful, Beautiful".
Francesca Battistelli was bowled over by her prizes, insisting, "I'm on cloud nine right now. I'm standing here... speechless. This is totally humbling."
Chris August was another big winner - he was crowned New Artist Of The Year and Best Male Vocalist and earned another award for pop-contemporary album, while Jason Crabb and the group Point of Grace also picked up three Doves each.
Gospel legend Sandi Patty was honoured for her lifetime achievements, with singers including Francesca Battistelli, Grant, Audrey Assad and Kerri Robert all taking the stage to cover her hits.
The ceremony, which is due to air in the U.S. on Easter Sunday, was held in Atlanta, Georgia - the first time the prizegiving has been held outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'