Francesca Battistelli Wins Big at Gospel Awards
The 25-year-old singer, Francesca Battistelli saw off competition from artists including Chris Tomlin, tobyMac, Jason Crabb and Natalie Grant to scoop the accolade. Francesca Battistelli also took home Best Female Vocalist and Pop-Contemporary Recorded Song for "Beautiful, Beautiful".
Francesca Battistelli was bowled over by her prizes, insisting, "I'm on cloud nine right now. I'm standing here... speechless. This is totally humbling."
Chris August was another big winner - he was crowned New Artist Of The Year and Best Male Vocalist and earned another award for pop-contemporary album, while Jason Crabb and the group Point of Grace also picked up three Doves each.
Gospel legend Sandi Patty was honoured for her lifetime achievements, with singers including Francesca Battistelli, Grant, Audrey Assad and Kerri Robert all taking the stage to cover her hits.
The ceremony, which is due to air in the U.S. on Easter Sunday, was held in Atlanta, Georgia - the first time the prizegiving has been held outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?