Francesca Battistelli Wins Big at Gospel Awards
The 25-year-old singer, Francesca Battistelli saw off competition from artists including Chris Tomlin, tobyMac, Jason Crabb and Natalie Grant to scoop the accolade. Francesca Battistelli also took home Best Female Vocalist and Pop-Contemporary Recorded Song for "Beautiful, Beautiful".
Francesca Battistelli was bowled over by her prizes, insisting, "I'm on cloud nine right now. I'm standing here... speechless. This is totally humbling."
Chris August was another big winner - he was crowned New Artist Of The Year and Best Male Vocalist and earned another award for pop-contemporary album, while Jason Crabb and the group Point of Grace also picked up three Doves each.
Gospel legend Sandi Patty was honoured for her lifetime achievements, with singers including Francesca Battistelli, Grant, Audrey Assad and Kerri Robert all taking the stage to cover her hits.
The ceremony, which is due to air in the U.S. on Easter Sunday, was held in Atlanta, Georgia - the first time the prizegiving has been held outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo