Detained in Canada, The Game Expresses Frustration on Twitter
Rapper The Game has been detained in Canada after he was mysteriously denied entry into the country. The hip-hop star, who is booked to perform shows in Canada, flew in from Los Angeles on Wednesday, April 20. Three hours after arriving at customs, he was refused permission to cross over the border.
The Game, real name Jayceon Terrell Taylor, claims he is now being forced to stay in Canada for the next 14 days. In a furious rant on Twitter.com, he writes, "Customs officials just denied me entry into Canada. I'm sorry 2 ALL my fans but I was mislead by promoters & assured I would be able 2 enter."
"I'm being detained in Canada for 14 days until they process my inadmissability (sic) then I'll have a hearing heard by a judge. At that point the judge will decide to either deport me or give me a sentence for violating Canada's immigrant entry laws."
"F%*ked up situation !!! But at least they let me call home, & tweet before they lock a n**ga up!!! Gotta turn in my property, y'all be kool... Gotta give up my phone & property. This some straight bulls**t ! Flew all the way from LA to be denied and detained?!?!"
No reason has been given for The Game's detainment, but he has previously been in trouble with the law on several occasions - most recently he was sentenced to 60 days in jail, 150 hours of community service, and three years probation stemming from a violent altercation at a 2007 basketball game.
But officials at the Canada Border Services Agency insist Taylor won't be kept for 14 days. An email from the agency's Patrizia Giolti, sent to L.A. Weekly online, reads, "While the Privacy Act prevents me from discussing the specifics of an individual case, I can tell you that your information is not consistent with ours."
"In addition, when a foreign national is detained, they must have a detention review hearing before the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) within 48 hours of their detention."
More The Game News
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure