Zeta-Jones Added to 'Rock of Ages' Cast
The Welsh actress, Catherine Zeta-Jones who won an Oscar for her role in "Chicago", will play the villainous, ultra-conservative Mayor's wife in the film adaptation of the Broadway show, "Rock of Ages", which includes Russell Brand, Tom Cruise, Mary J. Blige, Alec Baldwin and Julianne Hough among its cast.
Catherine Zeta-Jones' role was created specifically for the film, according to EW.com.
Her casting comes a week after revelations she is struggling from Bipolar II disorder, which recently prompted her to check into a treatment centre.
Director Adam Shankman can't wait to work with the star, insisting she's too professional to allow her condition to interfere with her work.
He tells EW.com, "I think she's seeing this as a wonderful homecoming for her. It (movie musical) puts her in an incredible comfort zone. The truth of the matter is, I'm working with a lot of the same people that she worked with on Chicago, so she's going to be returning to a real family situation."
"There's a group of people that are there literally just to kind of be with her and support her. And, having rehearsed with her, she's so happy and at home in the rehearsal room, and when you put that quarter in her and turn her on to sing and dance, it's just magic."
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester