Zeta-Jones Added to 'Rock of Ages' Cast
The Welsh actress, Catherine Zeta-Jones who won an Oscar for her role in "Chicago", will play the villainous, ultra-conservative Mayor's wife in the film adaptation of the Broadway show, "Rock of Ages", which includes Russell Brand, Tom Cruise, Mary J. Blige, Alec Baldwin and Julianne Hough among its cast.
Catherine Zeta-Jones' role was created specifically for the film, according to EW.com.
Her casting comes a week after revelations she is struggling from Bipolar II disorder, which recently prompted her to check into a treatment centre.
Director Adam Shankman can't wait to work with the star, insisting she's too professional to allow her condition to interfere with her work.
He tells EW.com, "I think she's seeing this as a wonderful homecoming for her. It (movie musical) puts her in an incredible comfort zone. The truth of the matter is, I'm working with a lot of the same people that she worked with on Chicago, so she's going to be returning to a real family situation."
"There's a group of people that are there literally just to kind of be with her and support her. And, having rehearsed with her, she's so happy and at home in the rehearsal room, and when you put that quarter in her and turn her on to sing and dance, it's just magic."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special