Troubled Demi Lovato Wasn't Satisfied Until She Vomited Blood
Demi Lovato stunned fans in November when she pulled out of her world tour with the Jonas Brothers and checked into rehab for unspecified "emotional and physical issues".
The 18 year old has since spoken out about her life-long battle with anorexia and bulimia, revealing her disorder was so much more than extreme dieting and throwing up after meals.
She tells People magazine, "When I was about 15, I was only eating two meals a week, but I wasn't losing any more weight because my body adjusted to that. So I tried new things: laxatives, fasts - nothing was working."
"I decided maybe I should start throwing up. At my worst, I was doing it five times a day. I threw up so hard and so much, it was just blood in the toilet."
Demi Lovato felt her world crumbling around her and knew she had to face up to her body issues before it was too late.
She says, "My eating disorders have ruined my life. I thought I could control it, but I couldn't. I ended up in treatment at the most untimely moment in my life."
The actress insists she's bouncing back after completing an intense three-month programme, but every day is a struggle: "It is more difficult now because I don't have people supervising me. That's why I haven't been working."
"My goal for every day is to eat three meals, and that's challenging enough. There are days when I feel so overwhelmed, like I can't do it... I'm still learning just to like food... I'm determined to fight this. I've never been more peaceful or happy in my life. What's important is to help others get to this place."
More Demi Lovato News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen