Troubled Demi Lovato Wasn't Satisfied Until She Vomited Blood
Demi Lovato stunned fans in November when she pulled out of her world tour with the Jonas Brothers and checked into rehab for unspecified "emotional and physical issues".
The 18 year old has since spoken out about her life-long battle with anorexia and bulimia, revealing her disorder was so much more than extreme dieting and throwing up after meals.
She tells People magazine, "When I was about 15, I was only eating two meals a week, but I wasn't losing any more weight because my body adjusted to that. So I tried new things: laxatives, fasts - nothing was working."
"I decided maybe I should start throwing up. At my worst, I was doing it five times a day. I threw up so hard and so much, it was just blood in the toilet."
Demi Lovato felt her world crumbling around her and knew she had to face up to her body issues before it was too late.
She says, "My eating disorders have ruined my life. I thought I could control it, but I couldn't. I ended up in treatment at the most untimely moment in my life."
The actress insists she's bouncing back after completing an intense three-month programme, but every day is a struggle: "It is more difficult now because I don't have people supervising me. That's why I haven't been working."
"My goal for every day is to eat three meals, and that's challenging enough. There are days when I feel so overwhelmed, like I can't do it... I'm still learning just to like food... I'm determined to fight this. I've never been more peaceful or happy in my life. What's important is to help others get to this place."
More Demi Lovato News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville