Demi Lovato: 'I'm Bipolar Too'
The former "Sonny with a Chance" actress, Demi Lovato heaped praise on Catherine Zeta-Jones last week after it emerged the Oscar winner had undergone treatment at a mental health facility in Connecticut to combat a serious bout of depression.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, Demi Lovato wrote, "I don't know Catherine Zeta-Jones personally but what she has decided to do... SO brave... and SO difficult but worth it... I'm proud of her."
Now Demi Lovato has revealed she, too, has been diagnosed with the condition - doctors made the discovery last year when she checked into rehab to deal with "emotional and physical" issues linked to an ongoing eating disorder.
She tells People magazine, "I've battled depression from a young age. I never found out until I went into treatment that I am bipolar. At first, I was like, 'What does that even mean?' But looking back, it makes sense... That's why I wasn't happy when everything in my life was great."
But Demi Lovato insists she has the issue under control with the help of prescription drugs.
She adds, "I'm being treated for it with medication and therapy."
More Demi Lovato News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director