Demi Lovato: 'I'm Bipolar Too'
The former "Sonny with a Chance" actress, Demi Lovato heaped praise on Catherine Zeta-Jones last week after it emerged the Oscar winner had undergone treatment at a mental health facility in Connecticut to combat a serious bout of depression.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, Demi Lovato wrote, "I don't know Catherine Zeta-Jones personally but what she has decided to do... SO brave... and SO difficult but worth it... I'm proud of her."
Now Demi Lovato has revealed she, too, has been diagnosed with the condition - doctors made the discovery last year when she checked into rehab to deal with "emotional and physical" issues linked to an ongoing eating disorder.
She tells People magazine, "I've battled depression from a young age. I never found out until I went into treatment that I am bipolar. At first, I was like, 'What does that even mean?' But looking back, it makes sense... That's why I wasn't happy when everything in my life was great."
But Demi Lovato insists she has the issue under control with the help of prescription drugs.
She adds, "I'm being treated for it with medication and therapy."
More Demi Lovato News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy