Demi Lovato: 'I'm Bipolar Too'
The former "Sonny with a Chance" actress, Demi Lovato heaped praise on Catherine Zeta-Jones last week after it emerged the Oscar winner had undergone treatment at a mental health facility in Connecticut to combat a serious bout of depression.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, Demi Lovato wrote, "I don't know Catherine Zeta-Jones personally but what she has decided to do... SO brave... and SO difficult but worth it... I'm proud of her."
Now Demi Lovato has revealed she, too, has been diagnosed with the condition - doctors made the discovery last year when she checked into rehab to deal with "emotional and physical" issues linked to an ongoing eating disorder.
She tells People magazine, "I've battled depression from a young age. I never found out until I went into treatment that I am bipolar. At first, I was like, 'What does that even mean?' But looking back, it makes sense... That's why I wasn't happy when everything in my life was great."
But Demi Lovato insists she has the issue under control with the help of prescription drugs.
She adds, "I'm being treated for it with medication and therapy."
More Demi Lovato News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'