Demi Lovato: 'I'm Bipolar Too'
The former "Sonny with a Chance" actress, Demi Lovato heaped praise on Catherine Zeta-Jones last week after it emerged the Oscar winner had undergone treatment at a mental health facility in Connecticut to combat a serious bout of depression.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, Demi Lovato wrote, "I don't know Catherine Zeta-Jones personally but what she has decided to do... SO brave... and SO difficult but worth it... I'm proud of her."
Now Demi Lovato has revealed she, too, has been diagnosed with the condition - doctors made the discovery last year when she checked into rehab to deal with "emotional and physical" issues linked to an ongoing eating disorder.
She tells People magazine, "I've battled depression from a young age. I never found out until I went into treatment that I am bipolar. At first, I was like, 'What does that even mean?' But looking back, it makes sense... That's why I wasn't happy when everything in my life was great."
But Demi Lovato insists she has the issue under control with the help of prescription drugs.
She adds, "I'm being treated for it with medication and therapy."
More Demi Lovato News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences