Gucci Mane Formally Charged With Battery
The hip-hop star, Gucci Mane, real name Radric Davis, was taken into custody earlier this month after his probation officer discovered there was a warrant out for his arrest for reportedly pushing a woman out of a moving vehicle.
Prosecutors filed counts of misdemeanour battery, reckless conduct and disorderly conduct against Gucci Mane on Tuesday and accused him of showing a "willful disregard for a woman's personal safety", reports AllHipHop.com.
The 31 year old is still behind bars but his lawyer, Ashutosh Joshi, insists Gucci Mane is innocent and he will be pleading not guilty to the charges.
Joshi says, "We obviously believe the charges are false. We don't agree with them and we look forward to having the opportunity to fight the charges in court."
It's the latest in a long line of legal woes for Gucci Mane - the rapper, who is on probation for a 2005 assault conviction, is facing another parole violation probe after he was booked for obstruction of justice and traffic charges in November.
More Gucci Mane News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance