Gucci Mane Formally Charged With Battery
The hip-hop star, Gucci Mane, real name Radric Davis, was taken into custody earlier this month after his probation officer discovered there was a warrant out for his arrest for reportedly pushing a woman out of a moving vehicle.
Prosecutors filed counts of misdemeanour battery, reckless conduct and disorderly conduct against Gucci Mane on Tuesday and accused him of showing a "willful disregard for a woman's personal safety", reports AllHipHop.com.
The 31 year old is still behind bars but his lawyer, Ashutosh Joshi, insists Gucci Mane is innocent and he will be pleading not guilty to the charges.
Joshi says, "We obviously believe the charges are false. We don't agree with them and we look forward to having the opportunity to fight the charges in court."
It's the latest in a long line of legal woes for Gucci Mane - the rapper, who is on probation for a 2005 assault conviction, is facing another parole violation probe after he was booked for obstruction of justice and traffic charges in November.
More Gucci Mane News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease