Gucci Mane Formally Charged With Battery
The hip-hop star, Gucci Mane, real name Radric Davis, was taken into custody earlier this month after his probation officer discovered there was a warrant out for his arrest for reportedly pushing a woman out of a moving vehicle.
Prosecutors filed counts of misdemeanour battery, reckless conduct and disorderly conduct against Gucci Mane on Tuesday and accused him of showing a "willful disregard for a woman's personal safety", reports AllHipHop.com.
The 31 year old is still behind bars but his lawyer, Ashutosh Joshi, insists Gucci Mane is innocent and he will be pleading not guilty to the charges.
Joshi says, "We obviously believe the charges are false. We don't agree with them and we look forward to having the opportunity to fight the charges in court."
It's the latest in a long line of legal woes for Gucci Mane - the rapper, who is on probation for a 2005 assault conviction, is facing another parole violation probe after he was booked for obstruction of justice and traffic charges in November.
More Gucci Mane News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier