Gucci Mane Formally Charged With Battery
The hip-hop star, Gucci Mane, real name Radric Davis, was taken into custody earlier this month after his probation officer discovered there was a warrant out for his arrest for reportedly pushing a woman out of a moving vehicle.
Prosecutors filed counts of misdemeanour battery, reckless conduct and disorderly conduct against Gucci Mane on Tuesday and accused him of showing a "willful disregard for a woman's personal safety", reports AllHipHop.com.
The 31 year old is still behind bars but his lawyer, Ashutosh Joshi, insists Gucci Mane is innocent and he will be pleading not guilty to the charges.
Joshi says, "We obviously believe the charges are false. We don't agree with them and we look forward to having the opportunity to fight the charges in court."
It's the latest in a long line of legal woes for Gucci Mane - the rapper, who is on probation for a 2005 assault conviction, is facing another parole violation probe after he was booked for obstruction of justice and traffic charges in November.
More Gucci Mane News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris