Toni Braxton 'Survives' on Pay From European Gigs
The "Un-break My Heart" hitmaker, Toni Braxton was forced to file for bankruptcy last year amid reports she owed between $10 million (GBP6.25 million) and $50 million (GBP31.25 million) in unpaid debts after cancelling a series of Las Vegas shows due to heart problems.
She recently assured fans her financial woes were not as bad as had been reported and claimed she just had an outstanding tax debt with U.S. authorities amounting to $500,000 (GBP312,500).
But the star, who appears in new U.S. TV series "Braxton Family Values" - alongside her four sisters and mother - insists she has only managed to stay on top of her money issues by taking on concert deals outside of America, because she and her two young sons can live off the big pay cheques for months on end.
She tells Sister 2 Sister magazine, "I still live in a house in Atlanta. And I do one-off dates in Europe - because I'm much bigger in Europe than I am here in the States."
"I do little spot dates here and there and get paid really good, so I am surviving. The reality show is not how I am really getting paid. Who said reality shows make you rich? That's a misconception."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal