Aretha Franklin Wants Role on Broadway
The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin has spent the past few months recovering from a mystery illness which forced her to cancel a string of end-of-year concerts to undergo surgery in December.
The 69 year old is refusing to divulge details about what ailed her, but she has since regained her full health and has now taken it upon herself to compile a "bucket list" of things to do before she dies.
Among the highlights of Aretha Franklin's list are a vacation in Egypt and a starring role on the New York stage.
She tells People magazine, "I'm going to sail the Nile before it's all over. I would like to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx... I want to do Broadway - on my terms."
The singer is also hoping for a royal engagement with Queen Elizabeth II. She adds, "I have a standing invitation to have tea with the Queen of England."
But Aretha Franklin has assured fans her health crisis is over, and she's already reaping the benefits of her slimmer figure after embarking on a drastic diet and exercise regime.
She says, "I'm really taking far better care of myself... I feel fabulous... (Designers Marc Jacobs and Oscar de la Renta) are cutting special things just for me."
More Aretha Franklin News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance