Mark Hoppus 'Gutted' at Blink-182 Tour Axe
Blink-182 announced on Monday they have cancelled all dates in the U.K. and mainland Europe this year and pushed them back to 2012 because they have become bogged down recording a new album.
Now singer Mark Hoppus has spoken out to reveal his frustration at axing the gigs, insisting the rockers felt they had to honour a promise they made to each other.
He tells Kerrang! magazine, "We are gutted that we are postponing the tour. It was not a decision we made lightly, but we did it to bring you a much better show with new material... We made a promise to ourselves and our fans, after we finished the last tour, that we weren't going to tour anymore until the new album came out."
"We don't want to be one of those bands that rests on former success and keeps playing the same songs over and over, we want to tour new songs."
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'