Jazz Stars Unite for Japan Benefit
Harry Allen, Antonio Hart, Karrin Allyson and Don Byron were also in the line-up of jazz musicians who participated in The Blue Note Jazz Benefit at the Highline Ballroom.
The Blue Note jazz club has strong ties to the jazz scene in Japan, with sister venues in Tokyo and Nagoya.
Blue Note New York president Steven Bensusan says, "The events unfolding in Japan are tragic, and we want to do everything we can to help.
"We hope that rallying the jazz community in New York for the Benefit Concert will help raise awareness and funds that will go towards rebuilding Japan."
All proceeds from ticket sales were donated to the relief efforts in Japan following the nation's devastating earthquake and tsunami last month (Mar11).
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt