Jazz Stars Unite for Japan Benefit
Harry Allen, Antonio Hart, Karrin Allyson and Don Byron were also in the line-up of jazz musicians who participated in The Blue Note Jazz Benefit at the Highline Ballroom.
The Blue Note jazz club has strong ties to the jazz scene in Japan, with sister venues in Tokyo and Nagoya.
Blue Note New York president Steven Bensusan says, "The events unfolding in Japan are tragic, and we want to do everything we can to help.
"We hope that rallying the jazz community in New York for the Benefit Concert will help raise awareness and funds that will go towards rebuilding Japan."
All proceeds from ticket sales were donated to the relief efforts in Japan following the nation's devastating earthquake and tsunami last month (Mar11).
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation