Jazz Stars Unite for Japan Benefit
Harry Allen, Antonio Hart, Karrin Allyson and Don Byron were also in the line-up of jazz musicians who participated in The Blue Note Jazz Benefit at the Highline Ballroom.
The Blue Note jazz club has strong ties to the jazz scene in Japan, with sister venues in Tokyo and Nagoya.
Blue Note New York president Steven Bensusan says, "The events unfolding in Japan are tragic, and we want to do everything we can to help.
"We hope that rallying the jazz community in New York for the Benefit Concert will help raise awareness and funds that will go towards rebuilding Japan."
All proceeds from ticket sales were donated to the relief efforts in Japan following the nation's devastating earthquake and tsunami last month (Mar11).
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her