Jazz Stars Unite for Japan Benefit
Harry Allen, Antonio Hart, Karrin Allyson and Don Byron were also in the line-up of jazz musicians who participated in The Blue Note Jazz Benefit at the Highline Ballroom.
The Blue Note jazz club has strong ties to the jazz scene in Japan, with sister venues in Tokyo and Nagoya.
Blue Note New York president Steven Bensusan says, "The events unfolding in Japan are tragic, and we want to do everything we can to help.
"We hope that rallying the jazz community in New York for the Benefit Concert will help raise awareness and funds that will go towards rebuilding Japan."
All proceeds from ticket sales were donated to the relief efforts in Japan following the nation's devastating earthquake and tsunami last month (Mar11).
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift