Jazz Stars Unite for Japan Benefit
Harry Allen, Antonio Hart, Karrin Allyson and Don Byron were also in the line-up of jazz musicians who participated in The Blue Note Jazz Benefit at the Highline Ballroom.
The Blue Note jazz club has strong ties to the jazz scene in Japan, with sister venues in Tokyo and Nagoya.
Blue Note New York president Steven Bensusan says, "The events unfolding in Japan are tragic, and we want to do everything we can to help.
"We hope that rallying the jazz community in New York for the Benefit Concert will help raise awareness and funds that will go towards rebuilding Japan."
All proceeds from ticket sales were donated to the relief efforts in Japan following the nation's devastating earthquake and tsunami last month (Mar11).
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story