Jennifer Lopez Turned Down 'X Factor' in Favor of 'American Idol'
Pop superstar Jennifer Lopez has revealed she was in discussions to judge Simon Cowell's upcoming U.S. version of "The X Factor", but she turned it down for "American Idol" instead.
The "Jenny From the Block" hitmaker currently sits on the panel of the revamped talent show alongside Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson. As anticipation mounts over who will judge the forthcoming series "The X Factor (US)", Lopez has now admitted she was in talks to join the programme.
But Lopez picked "American Idol" because it's an established "institution" in U.S. TV. She tells Britain's Daily Star, "We did talk about The X Factor for a little bit. But at the end of the day, thinking about my career and everything that was going on, when the opportunity to do Idol came along it seemed a better fit. Idol has been a show for so many years. It's an institution. To be involved in something like that felt really great."
However Lopez insists she's not sure if she will return for a second series of Idol, "I don't know if I will do another season. I'm taking it day by day at the moment and we'll see what happens. I've been having a great time, I can't lie. I'm really enjoying it and having fun and enjoying working with the contestants."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen