Stephen Fry, John Barrowman Pay Tribute to Late Elisabeth Sladen
British comic Stephen Fry and actor/singer John Barrowman have led tributes to former "Doctor Who" star Elisabeth Sladen , who died on Tuesday, April 19. The actress, who played Sarah Jane Smith, the sidekick of Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker's time-traveling doctors for a decade, passed away at the age of 63 following a battle with cancer.
Fry has paid his respects to the star, writing on Twitter.com, "What terribly sad news about Elisabeth Sladen - her Sarah Jane was part of my childhood. Deepest sympathy to her family." And Barrowman, who co-starred with Sladen when she returned to the show in 2006, 'Tweets', "Elisabeth Sladen Matriarch of Dr Who - I loved my time on the Tardis with her.
He continues, "I am proud to have worked with such an icon of the sci fi world. Your Dr Who family are very sad and will miss you and your beautiful smile. (Doctor Who writer) RTD (Russell T. Davies) called me this morning when I woke up. She lived in my flat in Cardiff when she was filming SJA (spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures). She was a delight. Can't tell you how sad I am. I wanted to let you know I got the news as a lot of you were concerned. I'm off to chill, I hope you understand."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'