Stephen Fry, John Barrowman Pay Tribute to Late Elisabeth Sladen
British comic Stephen Fry and actor/singer John Barrowman have led tributes to former "Doctor Who" star Elisabeth Sladen , who died on Tuesday, April 19. The actress, who played Sarah Jane Smith, the sidekick of Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker's time-traveling doctors for a decade, passed away at the age of 63 following a battle with cancer.
Fry has paid his respects to the star, writing on Twitter.com, "What terribly sad news about Elisabeth Sladen - her Sarah Jane was part of my childhood. Deepest sympathy to her family." And Barrowman, who co-starred with Sladen when she returned to the show in 2006, 'Tweets', "Elisabeth Sladen Matriarch of Dr Who - I loved my time on the Tardis with her.
He continues, "I am proud to have worked with such an icon of the sci fi world. Your Dr Who family are very sad and will miss you and your beautiful smile. (Doctor Who writer) RTD (Russell T. Davies) called me this morning when I woke up. She lived in my flat in Cardiff when she was filming SJA (spin-off series The Sarah Jane Adventures). She was a delight. Can't tell you how sad I am. I wanted to let you know I got the news as a lot of you were concerned. I'm off to chill, I hope you understand."
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3
- So Cruel! Travis Scott Compares Kylie's Bedroom Skills to Sister Kendall Jenner's
- Selena Gomez Denies Collaboration With The Weeknd on New Music: 'It's Not True'