Tim Robbins' Mom Died Days After Dad
Actor Tim Robbins' mother has died, less than two weeks after his father passed away. Robbins' dad, folk singer Gil Robbins, died earlier this month at the age of 80 at his home in Esteban Cantu, Mexico.
Now "The Shawshank Redemption" star is facing further tragedy - his mother, musician Mary Robbins, passed away on Sunday, April 17 from a heart arrhythmia - just 12 days after Gil Robbins' death.
Mary, who was 78, became a professional musician in the 1950s after studying at the University of California in Los Angeles. Tim has paid tribute to his beloved mum, insisting she had a "calm and cheerful demeanor, a sharp wit, a gentle spirit and a generous and loving heart".
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift