Tim Robbins' Mom Died Days After Dad
Actor Tim Robbins' mother has died, less than two weeks after his father passed away. Robbins' dad, folk singer Gil Robbins, died earlier this month at the age of 80 at his home in Esteban Cantu, Mexico.
Now "The Shawshank Redemption" star is facing further tragedy - his mother, musician Mary Robbins, passed away on Sunday, April 17 from a heart arrhythmia - just 12 days after Gil Robbins' death.
Mary, who was 78, became a professional musician in the 1950s after studying at the University of California in Los Angeles. Tim has paid tribute to his beloved mum, insisting she had a "calm and cheerful demeanor, a sharp wit, a gentle spirit and a generous and loving heart".
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods
- It's Over! Kim Kardashian 'Pulling the Plug' on Her Marriage to Kanye West
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Talking Again After Bitter Split: 'He's Much Happier'
- 'Supergirl': Katie McGrath Upped to Series Regular in Season 3