Tim Robbins' Mom Died Days After Dad
Actor Tim Robbins' mother has died, less than two weeks after his father passed away. Robbins' dad, folk singer Gil Robbins, died earlier this month at the age of 80 at his home in Esteban Cantu, Mexico.
Now "The Shawshank Redemption" star is facing further tragedy - his mother, musician Mary Robbins, passed away on Sunday, April 17 from a heart arrhythmia - just 12 days after Gil Robbins' death.
Mary, who was 78, became a professional musician in the 1950s after studying at the University of California in Los Angeles. Tim has paid tribute to his beloved mum, insisting she had a "calm and cheerful demeanor, a sharp wit, a gentle spirit and a generous and loving heart".
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna