Tim Robbins' Mom Died Days After Dad
Actor Tim Robbins' mother has died, less than two weeks after his father passed away. Robbins' dad, folk singer Gil Robbins, died earlier this month at the age of 80 at his home in Esteban Cantu, Mexico.
Now "The Shawshank Redemption" star is facing further tragedy - his mother, musician Mary Robbins, passed away on Sunday, April 17 from a heart arrhythmia - just 12 days after Gil Robbins' death.
Mary, who was 78, became a professional musician in the 1950s after studying at the University of California in Los Angeles. Tim has paid tribute to his beloved mum, insisting she had a "calm and cheerful demeanor, a sharp wit, a gentle spirit and a generous and loving heart".
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos