Pregnant Kate Hudson Still on Board Linda Lovelace Movie
The "Almost Famous" star's film, Kate Hudson will rival another movie about the X-rated actress-turned-anti-porn activist, starring "Watchmen"'s Malin Akerman.
Kate Hudson insists her movie about Lovelace will be one of the first films she starts work on after her baby is born this summer.
She tells WENN, "They've been trying to make that film for a long time. There have been a lot of different floating projects about her life, I think probably because she's a fascinating character. It's not controversial because of porn anymore, but she has claimed her story to be one of abuse and being sort of forced into this lifestyle which objectifies women."
"Linda Lovelace always talked about herself and freedom of sexuality in a way where people questioned why all of a sudden she became this feminist with Gloria Steinem."
"She's a very interesting character and the script that I'm involved in I really like because it kind of attacks it at both perspectives; what her perspective was in terms of the abuse and a difficult childhood and then the outside perspective of how people saw her. It's just a really interesting piece, so hopefully we'll get to do it. We've got the people but it's really more about scheduling."
Akerman has replaced Lindsay Lohan in the rival project, titled "Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story"
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences