Pregnant Kate Hudson Still on Board Linda Lovelace Movie
The "Almost Famous" star's film, Kate Hudson will rival another movie about the X-rated actress-turned-anti-porn activist, starring "Watchmen"'s Malin Akerman.
Kate Hudson insists her movie about Lovelace will be one of the first films she starts work on after her baby is born this summer.
She tells WENN, "They've been trying to make that film for a long time. There have been a lot of different floating projects about her life, I think probably because she's a fascinating character. It's not controversial because of porn anymore, but she has claimed her story to be one of abuse and being sort of forced into this lifestyle which objectifies women."
"Linda Lovelace always talked about herself and freedom of sexuality in a way where people questioned why all of a sudden she became this feminist with Gloria Steinem."
"She's a very interesting character and the script that I'm involved in I really like because it kind of attacks it at both perspectives; what her perspective was in terms of the abuse and a difficult childhood and then the outside perspective of how people saw her. It's just a really interesting piece, so hopefully we'll get to do it. We've got the people but it's really more about scheduling."
Akerman has replaced Lindsay Lohan in the rival project, titled "Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story"
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur