Kate Hudson Opens Up About 'Polite and Protective' Matthew Bellamy
The couple, Kate Hudson and Matthew Bellamy currently expecting a baby together, met at the Coachella music festival in California last year after they were introduced by a mutual friend. Kate Hudson admits she soon found herself enamoured with the charming Muse frontman.
She tells InStyle magazine, "You always hear people say, 'I never thought this would be the person I would end up with,' but I don't think you ever really know..."
"(I was) watching Radiohead's Thom Yorke with a guy I knew from high school, who introduced me to Matthew... Then I got distracted and said, 'I've got to find my friends; I don't know where they went.' He just looked at me and said, 'Come on, I'll take care of you.' That's when I went, 'Wait a minute, who are you?'"
"Matthew was polite and immediately protective, which for somebody like me who's all over the place - one minute I'm over here and the next I'm over there - is important... Plus, he is just an amazing person."
"In the beginning I felt like, okay, this is going to be heavy. Am I prepared for this? Because it had been a while (since I had been in love), and I wasn't looking for that. But I just couldn't stay away. I wanted to talk to him and be with him all the time. On our first dates we would take long walks and talk the entire day."
Kate Hudson, 32, who has a seven-year-old son with her ex-husband Chris Robinson, also reveals she didn't expect to have another baby so soon, adding, "Well, it wasn't like we didn't know what we were doing. There were no ovulation kits involved. We were tempting fate, and it worked... I didn't think I was going to have another kid until I was maybe 33 - that was in the back of my mind before I met Matthew. But we were so in love when it happened, it was just so exciting for both of us."
More Kate Hudson News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion