Kate Hudson Opens Up About 'Polite and Protective' Matthew Bellamy
The couple, Kate Hudson and Matthew Bellamy currently expecting a baby together, met at the Coachella music festival in California last year after they were introduced by a mutual friend. Kate Hudson admits she soon found herself enamoured with the charming Muse frontman.
She tells InStyle magazine, "You always hear people say, 'I never thought this would be the person I would end up with,' but I don't think you ever really know..."
"(I was) watching Radiohead's Thom Yorke with a guy I knew from high school, who introduced me to Matthew... Then I got distracted and said, 'I've got to find my friends; I don't know where they went.' He just looked at me and said, 'Come on, I'll take care of you.' That's when I went, 'Wait a minute, who are you?'"
"Matthew was polite and immediately protective, which for somebody like me who's all over the place - one minute I'm over here and the next I'm over there - is important... Plus, he is just an amazing person."
"In the beginning I felt like, okay, this is going to be heavy. Am I prepared for this? Because it had been a while (since I had been in love), and I wasn't looking for that. But I just couldn't stay away. I wanted to talk to him and be with him all the time. On our first dates we would take long walks and talk the entire day."
Kate Hudson, 32, who has a seven-year-old son with her ex-husband Chris Robinson, also reveals she didn't expect to have another baby so soon, adding, "Well, it wasn't like we didn't know what we were doing. There were no ovulation kits involved. We were tempting fate, and it worked... I didn't think I was going to have another kid until I was maybe 33 - that was in the back of my mind before I met Matthew. But we were so in love when it happened, it was just so exciting for both of us."
More Kate Hudson News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby