Kate Hudson Opens Up About 'Polite and Protective' Matthew Bellamy
The couple, Kate Hudson and Matthew Bellamy currently expecting a baby together, met at the Coachella music festival in California last year after they were introduced by a mutual friend. Kate Hudson admits she soon found herself enamoured with the charming Muse frontman.
She tells InStyle magazine, "You always hear people say, 'I never thought this would be the person I would end up with,' but I don't think you ever really know..."
"(I was) watching Radiohead's Thom Yorke with a guy I knew from high school, who introduced me to Matthew... Then I got distracted and said, 'I've got to find my friends; I don't know where they went.' He just looked at me and said, 'Come on, I'll take care of you.' That's when I went, 'Wait a minute, who are you?'"
"Matthew was polite and immediately protective, which for somebody like me who's all over the place - one minute I'm over here and the next I'm over there - is important... Plus, he is just an amazing person."
"In the beginning I felt like, okay, this is going to be heavy. Am I prepared for this? Because it had been a while (since I had been in love), and I wasn't looking for that. But I just couldn't stay away. I wanted to talk to him and be with him all the time. On our first dates we would take long walks and talk the entire day."
Kate Hudson, 32, who has a seven-year-old son with her ex-husband Chris Robinson, also reveals she didn't expect to have another baby so soon, adding, "Well, it wasn't like we didn't know what we were doing. There were no ovulation kits involved. We were tempting fate, and it worked... I didn't think I was going to have another kid until I was maybe 33 - that was in the back of my mind before I met Matthew. But we were so in love when it happened, it was just so exciting for both of us."
More Kate Hudson News
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die