Katie Melua Relies on Mum to Keep Her in Line
"The Closest Thing to Crazy" hitmaker, Katie Melua revealed in February she was forced to cancel a string of dates after suffering "a bit of a breakdown" due to her heavy workload.
She is now preparing to head back out on the road in the U.K. to play the re-scheduled concerts, and she's taking her close family along with her to keep her on the right track.
Katie Melua tells the Liverpool Daily Post, "Last year was time to cool off a bit. I think what happened was a culmination of everything that's gone on over the past seven years. Pretty much. I'm doing things differently since I've come back, trying to keep a lot more chilled and making sure I've got my family around."
"I need to realise it's just a job, and it doesn't have to eat you alive. Yes, it's a great position to be in, but it doesn't mean you have to drive yourself crazy with hard work. I need to just enjoy it a bit more."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed