Katie Melua Relies on Mum to Keep Her in Line
"The Closest Thing to Crazy" hitmaker, Katie Melua revealed in February she was forced to cancel a string of dates after suffering "a bit of a breakdown" due to her heavy workload.
She is now preparing to head back out on the road in the U.K. to play the re-scheduled concerts, and she's taking her close family along with her to keep her on the right track.
Katie Melua tells the Liverpool Daily Post, "Last year was time to cool off a bit. I think what happened was a culmination of everything that's gone on over the past seven years. Pretty much. I'm doing things differently since I've come back, trying to keep a lot more chilled and making sure I've got my family around."
"I need to realise it's just a job, and it doesn't have to eat you alive. Yes, it's a great position to be in, but it doesn't mean you have to drive yourself crazy with hard work. I need to just enjoy it a bit more."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding