Katie Melua Relies on Mum to Keep Her in Line
"The Closest Thing to Crazy" hitmaker, Katie Melua revealed in February she was forced to cancel a string of dates after suffering "a bit of a breakdown" due to her heavy workload.
She is now preparing to head back out on the road in the U.K. to play the re-scheduled concerts, and she's taking her close family along with her to keep her on the right track.
Katie Melua tells the Liverpool Daily Post, "Last year was time to cool off a bit. I think what happened was a culmination of everything that's gone on over the past seven years. Pretty much. I'm doing things differently since I've come back, trying to keep a lot more chilled and making sure I've got my family around."
"I need to realise it's just a job, and it doesn't have to eat you alive. Yes, it's a great position to be in, but it doesn't mean you have to drive yourself crazy with hard work. I need to just enjoy it a bit more."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones