Katie Melua Relies on Mum to Keep Her in Line
"The Closest Thing to Crazy" hitmaker, Katie Melua revealed in February she was forced to cancel a string of dates after suffering "a bit of a breakdown" due to her heavy workload.
She is now preparing to head back out on the road in the U.K. to play the re-scheduled concerts, and she's taking her close family along with her to keep her on the right track.
Katie Melua tells the Liverpool Daily Post, "Last year was time to cool off a bit. I think what happened was a culmination of everything that's gone on over the past seven years. Pretty much. I'm doing things differently since I've come back, trying to keep a lot more chilled and making sure I've got my family around."
"I need to realise it's just a job, and it doesn't have to eat you alive. Yes, it's a great position to be in, but it doesn't mean you have to drive yourself crazy with hard work. I need to just enjoy it a bit more."
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon