Katie Melua Relies on Mum to Keep Her in Line
"The Closest Thing to Crazy" hitmaker, Katie Melua revealed in February she was forced to cancel a string of dates after suffering "a bit of a breakdown" due to her heavy workload.
She is now preparing to head back out on the road in the U.K. to play the re-scheduled concerts, and she's taking her close family along with her to keep her on the right track.
Katie Melua tells the Liverpool Daily Post, "Last year was time to cool off a bit. I think what happened was a culmination of everything that's gone on over the past seven years. Pretty much. I'm doing things differently since I've come back, trying to keep a lot more chilled and making sure I've got my family around."
"I need to realise it's just a job, and it doesn't have to eat you alive. Yes, it's a great position to be in, but it doesn't mean you have to drive yourself crazy with hard work. I need to just enjoy it a bit more."
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer