Simon Cowell Drops Pop Star Shayne Ward
Shayne Ward won Simon Cowell's U.K. singing contest The X Factor in 2005 and went on to score a number one single and album, with his first track, "That's My Goal", becoming the year's second highest seller and retaining the top spot in the charts for four weeks.
His two subsequent albums failed to match his self-titled debut record, "Shayne Ward"'s success, with 2010's "Obsession" scraping into the U.K. charts at number 15 - and it has now been reported that Simon Cowell has ended the singer's contract with his Syco record label.
The news comes just weeks after reports that 2009 The X Factor winner Joe McElderry was also dumped from the label after releasing just one album. Out of seven "The X Factor" winners, only three remain under contract with Simon Cowell - Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and last year's winner Matt Cardle.
More Simon Cowell News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal