Simon Cowell Drops Pop Star Shayne Ward
Shayne Ward won Simon Cowell's U.K. singing contest The X Factor in 2005 and went on to score a number one single and album, with his first track, "That's My Goal", becoming the year's second highest seller and retaining the top spot in the charts for four weeks.
His two subsequent albums failed to match his self-titled debut record, "Shayne Ward"'s success, with 2010's "Obsession" scraping into the U.K. charts at number 15 - and it has now been reported that Simon Cowell has ended the singer's contract with his Syco record label.
The news comes just weeks after reports that 2009 The X Factor winner Joe McElderry was also dumped from the label after releasing just one album. Out of seven "The X Factor" winners, only three remain under contract with Simon Cowell - Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and last year's winner Matt Cardle.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny