Simon Cowell Drops Pop Star Shayne Ward
Shayne Ward won Simon Cowell's U.K. singing contest The X Factor in 2005 and went on to score a number one single and album, with his first track, "That's My Goal", becoming the year's second highest seller and retaining the top spot in the charts for four weeks.
His two subsequent albums failed to match his self-titled debut record, "Shayne Ward"'s success, with 2010's "Obsession" scraping into the U.K. charts at number 15 - and it has now been reported that Simon Cowell has ended the singer's contract with his Syco record label.
The news comes just weeks after reports that 2009 The X Factor winner Joe McElderry was also dumped from the label after releasing just one album. Out of seven "The X Factor" winners, only three remain under contract with Simon Cowell - Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and last year's winner Matt Cardle.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'