Simon Cowell Drops Pop Star Shayne Ward
Shayne Ward won Simon Cowell's U.K. singing contest The X Factor in 2005 and went on to score a number one single and album, with his first track, "That's My Goal", becoming the year's second highest seller and retaining the top spot in the charts for four weeks.
His two subsequent albums failed to match his self-titled debut record, "Shayne Ward"'s success, with 2010's "Obsession" scraping into the U.K. charts at number 15 - and it has now been reported that Simon Cowell has ended the singer's contract with his Syco record label.
The news comes just weeks after reports that 2009 The X Factor winner Joe McElderry was also dumped from the label after releasing just one album. Out of seven "The X Factor" winners, only three remain under contract with Simon Cowell - Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and last year's winner Matt Cardle.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes