Simon Cowell Drops Pop Star Shayne Ward
Shayne Ward won Simon Cowell's U.K. singing contest The X Factor in 2005 and went on to score a number one single and album, with his first track, "That's My Goal", becoming the year's second highest seller and retaining the top spot in the charts for four weeks.
His two subsequent albums failed to match his self-titled debut record, "Shayne Ward"'s success, with 2010's "Obsession" scraping into the U.K. charts at number 15 - and it has now been reported that Simon Cowell has ended the singer's contract with his Syco record label.
The news comes just weeks after reports that 2009 The X Factor winner Joe McElderry was also dumped from the label after releasing just one album. Out of seven "The X Factor" winners, only three remain under contract with Simon Cowell - Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke and last year's winner Matt Cardle.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival