Kara DioGuardi Battling to Have Baby
The songwriter, Kara DioGuardi exited the hit TV show, "American Idol" last summer along with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, and the trio was replaced by Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.
Kara DioGuardi has now revealed she spent her last season on the show undergoing rounds of painful fertility treatments as she struggled to conceive with her husband Mike McCuddy. Three rounds of treatment failed and she became convinced the stress of the show was hindering her attempts to start a family.
She writes in her new autobiography, A Helluva High Note, "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV. I had undergone three unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilisation) during Season 9."
"Leaving was painful and there will always be a part of me that wanted to stay. But my desire to be in control of my destiny was larger than my need to be a household name."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt