Kara DioGuardi Battling to Have Baby
The songwriter, Kara DioGuardi exited the hit TV show, "American Idol" last summer along with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, and the trio was replaced by Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.
Kara DioGuardi has now revealed she spent her last season on the show undergoing rounds of painful fertility treatments as she struggled to conceive with her husband Mike McCuddy. Three rounds of treatment failed and she became convinced the stress of the show was hindering her attempts to start a family.
She writes in her new autobiography, A Helluva High Note, "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV. I had undergone three unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilisation) during Season 9."
"Leaving was painful and there will always be a part of me that wanted to stay. But my desire to be in control of my destiny was larger than my need to be a household name."
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?