Kara DioGuardi Battling to Have Baby
The songwriter, Kara DioGuardi exited the hit TV show, "American Idol" last summer along with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres, and the trio was replaced by Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez.
Kara DioGuardi has now revealed she spent her last season on the show undergoing rounds of painful fertility treatments as she struggled to conceive with her husband Mike McCuddy. Three rounds of treatment failed and she became convinced the stress of the show was hindering her attempts to start a family.
She writes in her new autobiography, A Helluva High Note, "I wanted a child and there was no way I could get pregnant under the stress of eighteen-hour work days and live TV. I had undergone three unsuccessful rounds of IVF (in vitro fertilisation) during Season 9."
"Leaving was painful and there will always be a part of me that wanted to stay. But my desire to be in control of my destiny was larger than my need to be a household name."
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports