Steven Tyler Grants Dying Fan's Final Wish
Longtime Aerosmith devotee Lawrence Ori, who suffered from a degenerative condition called supernuclear palsy, had always wanted to meet the band's frontman, Steven Tyler, and his dream came true when Tyler called him at his hospice via Skype earlier this month and spoke to him over a computer screen.
Ori's condition rendered him unable to speak or move, but he was able to listen as the singer told him, "Lawrence? This is Steven. I'm coming to you from L.A. and I'm so glad to meet you."
The singer ended the call by saying, "You hold on, Lawrence. I love you man. Great to meet you."
Ori sadly passed away just hours after Tyler's phone call, which was set up by the Passages Hospice Dream Foundation, a charity dedicated to fulfilling the final wishes of hospice patients.
More Steven Tyler News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce