Steven Tyler Grants Dying Fan's Final Wish
Longtime Aerosmith devotee Lawrence Ori, who suffered from a degenerative condition called supernuclear palsy, had always wanted to meet the band's frontman, Steven Tyler, and his dream came true when Tyler called him at his hospice via Skype earlier this month and spoke to him over a computer screen.
Ori's condition rendered him unable to speak or move, but he was able to listen as the singer told him, "Lawrence? This is Steven. I'm coming to you from L.A. and I'm so glad to meet you."
The singer ended the call by saying, "You hold on, Lawrence. I love you man. Great to meet you."
Ori sadly passed away just hours after Tyler's phone call, which was set up by the Passages Hospice Dream Foundation, a charity dedicated to fulfilling the final wishes of hospice patients.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?