Steven Tyler Grants Dying Fan's Final Wish
Longtime Aerosmith devotee Lawrence Ori, who suffered from a degenerative condition called supernuclear palsy, had always wanted to meet the band's frontman, Steven Tyler, and his dream came true when Tyler called him at his hospice via Skype earlier this month and spoke to him over a computer screen.
Ori's condition rendered him unable to speak or move, but he was able to listen as the singer told him, "Lawrence? This is Steven. I'm coming to you from L.A. and I'm so glad to meet you."
The singer ended the call by saying, "You hold on, Lawrence. I love you man. Great to meet you."
Ori sadly passed away just hours after Tyler's phone call, which was set up by the Passages Hospice Dream Foundation, a charity dedicated to fulfilling the final wishes of hospice patients.
More Steven Tyler News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'