Steven Tyler Grants Dying Fan's Final Wish
Longtime Aerosmith devotee Lawrence Ori, who suffered from a degenerative condition called supernuclear palsy, had always wanted to meet the band's frontman, Steven Tyler, and his dream came true when Tyler called him at his hospice via Skype earlier this month and spoke to him over a computer screen.
Ori's condition rendered him unable to speak or move, but he was able to listen as the singer told him, "Lawrence? This is Steven. I'm coming to you from L.A. and I'm so glad to meet you."
The singer ended the call by saying, "You hold on, Lawrence. I love you man. Great to meet you."
Ori sadly passed away just hours after Tyler's phone call, which was set up by the Passages Hospice Dream Foundation, a charity dedicated to fulfilling the final wishes of hospice patients.
More Steven Tyler News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart