Kelly Osbourne Criticizes Miley Cyrus' Dad
Kelly Osbourne has criticized Miley Cyrus' father Billy Ray Cyrus for saying he wished his daughter had never become famous on hit TV show "Hannah Montana" - branding his comments "inappropriate" and "harsh".
The country singer split from Miley's mother Tish last year and subsequently launched a scathing attack on the Disney series which launched his young daughter's career, saying, "The damn show destroyed my family... I hate to say it, but yes, I do (wish the show hadn't happened). I'd take it back in a second."
Billy Ray and Tish have since patched up their relationship and Miley's dad has backtracked on his remarks, insisting the show wasn't to blame for causing issues in his family. Osbourne, who stars with Cyrus in upcoming movie "So Undercover", has now blasted the "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker for airing his concerns in public, especially as the program helped relaunch his own career.
She tells CNN host Piers Morgan, "I think that's a really inappropriate thing for someone to say, especially when what they did together gave that person their career back and that's not fair to do that to their own child. I think it's an inappropriate thing to say..."
"He might have thought of it in a different way but in black and white (printed in papers) it seems just so harsh... I love Miley, she's a dear friend of mine, and I know how hard she works. She works so hard and I just think that discredits everything that's she's done in her life - not just for herself but her whole family and I just think it's disrespectful."
Osbourne's mother Sharon agrees: "I do (think it's inappropriate) too, and I don't think he should have done that in print... She (Miley) made him relevant again."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March