Kara DioGuardi Was Raped in a 'Friendly Dinner Date'
Kara DioGuardi has shocked fans by detailing her traumatic youth in a new book, alleging she was molested as a child and date-raped during the early years of her career. The former "American Idol" judge has written a candid new autobiography, named A Helluva High Note, in which she opens up about her troubled past.
In the tome, she claims she was molested as an 11 year old and recalls one incident which still haunts her, writing, "On one particular day, he took me into the back shed of his house and put his hands all over my breasts and vagina. I remember freezing and not knowing what to do."
DioGuardi also reveals she suffered another traumatic experience as an adult, alleging she was sexually assaulted around 11 years ago following what she thought was a friendly dinner date. She claims she told the unnamed man to stop, but was too scared to fight back in case he became violent.
She writes, "Within a few hours, he was on top of me, pumping, sweating, and speaking to me in Spanish, not a word of which I could understand." The book is out on April 26.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen