Kara DioGuardi Was Raped in a 'Friendly Dinner Date'
Kara DioGuardi has shocked fans by detailing her traumatic youth in a new book, alleging she was molested as a child and date-raped during the early years of her career. The former "American Idol" judge has written a candid new autobiography, named A Helluva High Note, in which she opens up about her troubled past.
In the tome, she claims she was molested as an 11 year old and recalls one incident which still haunts her, writing, "On one particular day, he took me into the back shed of his house and put his hands all over my breasts and vagina. I remember freezing and not knowing what to do."
DioGuardi also reveals she suffered another traumatic experience as an adult, alleging she was sexually assaulted around 11 years ago following what she thought was a friendly dinner date. She claims she told the unnamed man to stop, but was too scared to fight back in case he became violent.
She writes, "Within a few hours, he was on top of me, pumping, sweating, and speaking to me in Spanish, not a word of which I could understand." The book is out on April 26.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal