Kara DioGuardi Was Raped in a 'Friendly Dinner Date'
Kara DioGuardi has shocked fans by detailing her traumatic youth in a new book, alleging she was molested as a child and date-raped during the early years of her career. The former "American Idol" judge has written a candid new autobiography, named A Helluva High Note, in which she opens up about her troubled past.
In the tome, she claims she was molested as an 11 year old and recalls one incident which still haunts her, writing, "On one particular day, he took me into the back shed of his house and put his hands all over my breasts and vagina. I remember freezing and not knowing what to do."
DioGuardi also reveals she suffered another traumatic experience as an adult, alleging she was sexually assaulted around 11 years ago following what she thought was a friendly dinner date. She claims she told the unnamed man to stop, but was too scared to fight back in case he became violent.
She writes, "Within a few hours, he was on top of me, pumping, sweating, and speaking to me in Spanish, not a word of which I could understand." The book is out on April 26.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?