Katy Perry's Cupcake Sail Past $1,600 in Auction for Japan Relief Effort
Bids for Katy Perry's cupcake trampoline have sailed past $1,600 (GBP1,000) as part of a memorabilia auction raising funds for the Japanese relief effort. With just two days left of the sale, the odd item, which was a prop on the first half of Perry's California Dreams tour, has attracted 37 bids.
In the same EMI online auction, Coldplay star Chris Martin's "Viva La Vida" tour jacket and the band's gold disc of the album went under the hammer for $13,760 (GBP8,600) on Friday, April 15. All proceeds from the sales will benefit the Red Cross' earthquake and tsunami relief effort.
Another effort to benefit Japanese Red Cross and raise awareness about the disasters that hit the country last March will be held on June 25. Lady GaGa is confirmed as one of the international musical guests at the upcoming gig dubbed MTV Video Music Aid Japan.
More Katy Perry News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'