Katy Perry's Cupcake Sail Past $1,600 in Auction for Japan Relief Effort
Bids for Katy Perry's cupcake trampoline have sailed past $1,600 (GBP1,000) as part of a memorabilia auction raising funds for the Japanese relief effort. With just two days left of the sale, the odd item, which was a prop on the first half of Perry's California Dreams tour, has attracted 37 bids.
In the same EMI online auction, Coldplay star Chris Martin's "Viva La Vida" tour jacket and the band's gold disc of the album went under the hammer for $13,760 (GBP8,600) on Friday, April 15. All proceeds from the sales will benefit the Red Cross' earthquake and tsunami relief effort.
Another effort to benefit Japanese Red Cross and raise awareness about the disasters that hit the country last March will be held on June 25. Lady GaGa is confirmed as one of the international musical guests at the upcoming gig dubbed MTV Video Music Aid Japan.
More Katy Perry News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics