Katy Perry's Cupcake Sail Past $1,600 in Auction for Japan Relief Effort
Bids for Katy Perry's cupcake trampoline have sailed past $1,600 (GBP1,000) as part of a memorabilia auction raising funds for the Japanese relief effort. With just two days left of the sale, the odd item, which was a prop on the first half of Perry's California Dreams tour, has attracted 37 bids.
In the same EMI online auction, Coldplay star Chris Martin's "Viva La Vida" tour jacket and the band's gold disc of the album went under the hammer for $13,760 (GBP8,600) on Friday, April 15. All proceeds from the sales will benefit the Red Cross' earthquake and tsunami relief effort.
Another effort to benefit Japanese Red Cross and raise awareness about the disasters that hit the country last March will be held on June 25. Lady GaGa is confirmed as one of the international musical guests at the upcoming gig dubbed MTV Video Music Aid Japan.
More Katy Perry News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host