Katy Perry's Cupcake Sail Past $1,600 in Auction for Japan Relief Effort
Bids for Katy Perry's cupcake trampoline have sailed past $1,600 (GBP1,000) as part of a memorabilia auction raising funds for the Japanese relief effort. With just two days left of the sale, the odd item, which was a prop on the first half of Perry's California Dreams tour, has attracted 37 bids.
In the same EMI online auction, Coldplay star Chris Martin's "Viva La Vida" tour jacket and the band's gold disc of the album went under the hammer for $13,760 (GBP8,600) on Friday, April 15. All proceeds from the sales will benefit the Red Cross' earthquake and tsunami relief effort.
Another effort to benefit Japanese Red Cross and raise awareness about the disasters that hit the country last March will be held on June 25. Lady GaGa is confirmed as one of the international musical guests at the upcoming gig dubbed MTV Video Music Aid Japan.
More Katy Perry News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'