Katy Perry's Cupcake Sail Past $1,600 in Auction for Japan Relief Effort
Bids for Katy Perry's cupcake trampoline have sailed past $1,600 (GBP1,000) as part of a memorabilia auction raising funds for the Japanese relief effort. With just two days left of the sale, the odd item, which was a prop on the first half of Perry's California Dreams tour, has attracted 37 bids.
In the same EMI online auction, Coldplay star Chris Martin's "Viva La Vida" tour jacket and the band's gold disc of the album went under the hammer for $13,760 (GBP8,600) on Friday, April 15. All proceeds from the sales will benefit the Red Cross' earthquake and tsunami relief effort.
Another effort to benefit Japanese Red Cross and raise awareness about the disasters that hit the country last March will be held on June 25. Lady GaGa is confirmed as one of the international musical guests at the upcoming gig dubbed MTV Video Music Aid Japan.
More Katy Perry News
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together