Katy Perry Teams With Twitter for New Concert Initiative
Katy Perry is launching a Tweet-to-Screen initiative as part of a new partnership with bosses at microblogging website Twitter.com.
At upcoming shows, concertgoers will be welcomed to each show by giant on-stage screens that display live fan pictures and tweets from the event, giving everyone in the audience the chance to share their thoughts, excitement and anticipation before the California Gurls singer appears on stage.
Every upcoming Katy Perry show in the California Dreams 2011 Tour will have its own dedicated hashtag, which Katy will tweet the day of each show. Fans in the audience and around the world can include the hashtag in any of their Katy-specific tweets in order to have them appear onscreen at the event.
More Katy Perry News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group