Katy Perry Teams With Twitter for New Concert Initiative
Katy Perry is launching a Tweet-to-Screen initiative as part of a new partnership with bosses at microblogging website Twitter.com.
At upcoming shows, concertgoers will be welcomed to each show by giant on-stage screens that display live fan pictures and tweets from the event, giving everyone in the audience the chance to share their thoughts, excitement and anticipation before the California Gurls singer appears on stage.
Every upcoming Katy Perry show in the California Dreams 2011 Tour will have its own dedicated hashtag, which Katy will tweet the day of each show. Fans in the audience and around the world can include the hashtag in any of their Katy-specific tweets in order to have them appear onscreen at the event.
More Katy Perry News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics