Tina Fey Opens Up About Face Scar
The "30 Rock" actress/writer, Tina Fey is famously coy about discussing the blemish on her left cheek, but in 2008 her husband Jeff Richmond revealed the injury is the result of a knife attack when she was five years old.
Tina Fey fears she will be "exploiting and glorifying" the incident if she discusses it - but now she's opened up about the effect the scar had on her as she grew up.
She tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "It wasn't until years later that I realised people weren't making a fuss over me because I was some incredible beauty or genius; they were making a fuss over me to compensate for my being slashed. I accepted all the attention at face value and proceeded through life as if I really were extraordinary."
More Tina Fey News
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo