Tina Fey Opens Up About Face Scar
The "30 Rock" actress/writer, Tina Fey is famously coy about discussing the blemish on her left cheek, but in 2008 her husband Jeff Richmond revealed the injury is the result of a knife attack when she was five years old.
Tina Fey fears she will be "exploiting and glorifying" the incident if she discusses it - but now she's opened up about the effect the scar had on her as she grew up.
She tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "It wasn't until years later that I realised people weren't making a fuss over me because I was some incredible beauty or genius; they were making a fuss over me to compensate for my being slashed. I accepted all the attention at face value and proceeded through life as if I really were extraordinary."
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters