Tina Fey Opens Up About Face Scar
The "30 Rock" actress/writer, Tina Fey is famously coy about discussing the blemish on her left cheek, but in 2008 her husband Jeff Richmond revealed the injury is the result of a knife attack when she was five years old.
Tina Fey fears she will be "exploiting and glorifying" the incident if she discusses it - but now she's opened up about the effect the scar had on her as she grew up.
She tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "It wasn't until years later that I realised people weren't making a fuss over me because I was some incredible beauty or genius; they were making a fuss over me to compensate for my being slashed. I accepted all the attention at face value and proceeded through life as if I really were extraordinary."
More Tina Fey News
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch