Emma Roberts Wants Singing Movie Role
The "Nancy Drew" actress, Emma Roberts shot to fame playing a singing teenager in U.S. TV series "Unfabulous", and she released her debut album, the show's soundtrack, in 2005.
The 20 year old insists she is more focused on acting at the moment, but hopes to one day emulate Reese Witherspoon's turn as June Carter in Johnny Cash biopic "Walk the Line" and Gwyneth Paltrow's singing spot in last year's "Country Strong."
She tells JustJared.com, "I just think you can't ever be seen as both equally. You are always going to be one more or the other. For me, I want to be an actor."
"I would love to do something like Country Strong or Walk the Line where they sang in a movie. I think that would be really interesting."
"As far as an album, I just think it's too much. I can't be in front of people that often, I need time to myself and I barely have time to myself, let alone if I was on tour or being a singer."
More Emma Roberts News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding