Emma Roberts Wants Singing Movie Role
The "Nancy Drew" actress, Emma Roberts shot to fame playing a singing teenager in U.S. TV series "Unfabulous", and she released her debut album, the show's soundtrack, in 2005.
The 20 year old insists she is more focused on acting at the moment, but hopes to one day emulate Reese Witherspoon's turn as June Carter in Johnny Cash biopic "Walk the Line" and Gwyneth Paltrow's singing spot in last year's "Country Strong."
She tells JustJared.com, "I just think you can't ever be seen as both equally. You are always going to be one more or the other. For me, I want to be an actor."
"I would love to do something like Country Strong or Walk the Line where they sang in a movie. I think that would be really interesting."
"As far as an album, I just think it's too much. I can't be in front of people that often, I need time to myself and I barely have time to myself, let alone if I was on tour or being a singer."
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos