Emma Roberts Wants Singing Movie Role
The "Nancy Drew" actress, Emma Roberts shot to fame playing a singing teenager in U.S. TV series "Unfabulous", and she released her debut album, the show's soundtrack, in 2005.
The 20 year old insists she is more focused on acting at the moment, but hopes to one day emulate Reese Witherspoon's turn as June Carter in Johnny Cash biopic "Walk the Line" and Gwyneth Paltrow's singing spot in last year's "Country Strong."
She tells JustJared.com, "I just think you can't ever be seen as both equally. You are always going to be one more or the other. For me, I want to be an actor."
"I would love to do something like Country Strong or Walk the Line where they sang in a movie. I think that would be really interesting."
"As far as an album, I just think it's too much. I can't be in front of people that often, I need time to myself and I barely have time to myself, let alone if I was on tour or being a singer."
More Emma Roberts News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group