Todd Phillips: 'Hangover Monkey Story Was a Joke'
The moviemaker, Todd Phillips talked about "The Hangover Part II"'s cigarette-puffing monkey in an interview with Total Film magazine and revealed the capuchin learned how to smoke and was left with a raging nicotine addiction.
Todd Phillips even claimed to have incurred the wrath of officials at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), saying, "I wanted the monkey to smoke so we had to train her to. Now I have PETA after me because the monkey's become addicted to cigarettes."
The director has now come clean about his comments, revealing he concocted the story because he was bored.
He tells Movieline, "This was a joke. I make comedies. When you are doing press for a film, it tends to get repetitive, lots of the same questions over and over."
"Sometimes I like to mix it up with the journalists. Obviously, the monkey in the film never smoked a single cigarette. Even if I wanted her to smoke it wouldn't be allowed."
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors