Todd Phillips: 'Hangover Monkey Story Was a Joke'
The moviemaker, Todd Phillips talked about "The Hangover Part II"'s cigarette-puffing monkey in an interview with Total Film magazine and revealed the capuchin learned how to smoke and was left with a raging nicotine addiction.
Todd Phillips even claimed to have incurred the wrath of officials at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), saying, "I wanted the monkey to smoke so we had to train her to. Now I have PETA after me because the monkey's become addicted to cigarettes."
The director has now come clean about his comments, revealing he concocted the story because he was bored.
He tells Movieline, "This was a joke. I make comedies. When you are doing press for a film, it tends to get repetitive, lots of the same questions over and over."
"Sometimes I like to mix it up with the journalists. Obviously, the monkey in the film never smoked a single cigarette. Even if I wanted her to smoke it wouldn't be allowed."
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick