Emmylou Harris Writes Tribute Track for Kate Mcgarrigle
The singer/songwriter, Emmylou Harris was at Kate McCarrigle's bedside when she passed away at her home in Montreal, Canada, in January 2010 after a battle with kidney cancer.
Emmylou Harris has revealed her emotions are still "raw" more than a year after the tragedy - and she's written a new song, "Darlin' Kate", in honour of her close pal.
She tells Britain's The New Review magazine, "Kate was such a force of nature, so bright, so funny. I never had a sister and really that's how I thought of her. When she died, everyone was gathered around her at her bedside, and my song is just a farewell letter. I did hold her hand and I did kiss her brow... I'm sorry. It's still very raw."
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special