Emmylou Harris Writes Tribute Track for Kate Mcgarrigle
The singer/songwriter, Emmylou Harris was at Kate McCarrigle's bedside when she passed away at her home in Montreal, Canada, in January 2010 after a battle with kidney cancer.
Emmylou Harris has revealed her emotions are still "raw" more than a year after the tragedy - and she's written a new song, "Darlin' Kate", in honour of her close pal.
She tells Britain's The New Review magazine, "Kate was such a force of nature, so bright, so funny. I never had a sister and really that's how I thought of her. When she died, everyone was gathered around her at her bedside, and my song is just a farewell letter. I did hold her hand and I did kiss her brow... I'm sorry. It's still very raw."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie