Emmylou Harris Writes Tribute Track for Kate Mcgarrigle
The singer/songwriter, Emmylou Harris was at Kate McCarrigle's bedside when she passed away at her home in Montreal, Canada, in January 2010 after a battle with kidney cancer.
Emmylou Harris has revealed her emotions are still "raw" more than a year after the tragedy - and she's written a new song, "Darlin' Kate", in honour of her close pal.
She tells Britain's The New Review magazine, "Kate was such a force of nature, so bright, so funny. I never had a sister and really that's how I thought of her. When she died, everyone was gathered around her at her bedside, and my song is just a farewell letter. I did hold her hand and I did kiss her brow... I'm sorry. It's still very raw."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says