Emmylou Harris Writes Tribute Track for Kate Mcgarrigle
The singer/songwriter, Emmylou Harris was at Kate McCarrigle's bedside when she passed away at her home in Montreal, Canada, in January 2010 after a battle with kidney cancer.
Emmylou Harris has revealed her emotions are still "raw" more than a year after the tragedy - and she's written a new song, "Darlin' Kate", in honour of her close pal.
She tells Britain's The New Review magazine, "Kate was such a force of nature, so bright, so funny. I never had a sister and really that's how I thought of her. When she died, everyone was gathered around her at her bedside, and my song is just a farewell letter. I did hold her hand and I did kiss her brow... I'm sorry. It's still very raw."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal