Jacki Weaver Rescued During Beach Scene
The 63-year-old star, Jacki Weaver had to shoot a sequence which involved her running into the ocean with her clothes on at Garie Beach, south of Sydney.
Jacki Weaver admits she is not a strong swimmer and had to be pulled from the water by lifeguards twice as the waves knocked her off her feet and left her gasping for breath.
She tells Australia's Daily Telegraph, "It's a really beautiful beach but quite treacherous. There was a rampaging surf. In this particular scene I had to run into the water with my clothes on and I'm not a good swimmer."
"I had to do a few takes and each time it was so rough a lifeguard had to rescue me. I was really scared because I had swallowed a lot of water."
Jacki Weaver was filming a currently untitled short movie, directed by Alexandra Schepisi.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'