Ricky Gervais Stands Up for Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen is currently on the road in the U.S. with his "My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Death Is Not an Option" tour, which he launched after he was fired from his role in Two and a Half Men following a falling out with writer Chuck Lorre earlier this year.
The stand-up shows have met a mixed reaction, with some audience members heckling Charlie Sheen and critics slamming the actor's jokes as unfunny.
Ricky Gervais, who is well known for his popular comedy concerts, has now spoken out to defend the Hollywood star, insisting he finds Charlie Sheen's bizarre behaviour deeply troubling.
In an appearance on U.S. TV show "The View", Ricky Gervais said, "I'm a bit worried that he's being exploited to be honest... Well he's not a stand-up comedian is he? I think he's going through a bit of phase at the moment."
More Ricky Gervais News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed