Duran Duran Pay Tribute to John Barry at Coachella
Duran Duran took to the stage on the last night of the event in Indio, California and thrilled fans with hits including "Rio" and "Save a Prayer".
After they finished the set, Duran Duran returned for an encore and dedicated the first track to late musician Barry, who co-wrote their hit song "View to a Kill" for the Roger Moore movie of the same name.
Frontman Simon Le Bon dressed in a white tuxedo reminiscent of the suave superspy and they were backed by an orchestra as they played a pared down version of the tune, before launching into the full, upbeat track.
Le Bon told the crowd, "We lost a dear friend of ours this year - English composer John Barry. This for him."
Duran Duran ended the encore with their classic hit "Girls on Film" as keyboardist Nick Rhodes took photographs of the crowd.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby