Duran Duran Pay Tribute to John Barry at Coachella
Duran Duran took to the stage on the last night of the event in Indio, California and thrilled fans with hits including "Rio" and "Save a Prayer".
After they finished the set, Duran Duran returned for an encore and dedicated the first track to late musician Barry, who co-wrote their hit song "View to a Kill" for the Roger Moore movie of the same name.
Frontman Simon Le Bon dressed in a white tuxedo reminiscent of the suave superspy and they were backed by an orchestra as they played a pared down version of the tune, before launching into the full, upbeat track.
Le Bon told the crowd, "We lost a dear friend of ours this year - English composer John Barry. This for him."
Duran Duran ended the encore with their classic hit "Girls on Film" as keyboardist Nick Rhodes took photographs of the crowd.
More Duran Duran News
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic