Duran Duran Pay Tribute to John Barry at Coachella
Duran Duran took to the stage on the last night of the event in Indio, California and thrilled fans with hits including "Rio" and "Save a Prayer".
After they finished the set, Duran Duran returned for an encore and dedicated the first track to late musician Barry, who co-wrote their hit song "View to a Kill" for the Roger Moore movie of the same name.
Frontman Simon Le Bon dressed in a white tuxedo reminiscent of the suave superspy and they were backed by an orchestra as they played a pared down version of the tune, before launching into the full, upbeat track.
Le Bon told the crowd, "We lost a dear friend of ours this year - English composer John Barry. This for him."
Duran Duran ended the encore with their classic hit "Girls on Film" as keyboardist Nick Rhodes took photographs of the crowd.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'