Duran Duran Pay Tribute to John Barry at Coachella
Duran Duran took to the stage on the last night of the event in Indio, California and thrilled fans with hits including "Rio" and "Save a Prayer".
After they finished the set, Duran Duran returned for an encore and dedicated the first track to late musician Barry, who co-wrote their hit song "View to a Kill" for the Roger Moore movie of the same name.
Frontman Simon Le Bon dressed in a white tuxedo reminiscent of the suave superspy and they were backed by an orchestra as they played a pared down version of the tune, before launching into the full, upbeat track.
Le Bon told the crowd, "We lost a dear friend of ours this year - English composer John Barry. This for him."
Duran Duran ended the encore with their classic hit "Girls on Film" as keyboardist Nick Rhodes took photographs of the crowd.
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'