Feeder's Japan Song Is Deeply Personal for Grant
Feeder has released "Side-By-Side" to help raise money for aid efforts in Japan in the aftermath of last month's devastating earthquake and tsunami disasters.
Grant Nicholas' wife, Kana, is Japanese and their two children have close links to the country, while Hirose was born in Mizuho, Japan.
The star felt compelled to act on behalf of the country, telling Scotland's Sunday Mail, "Feeder have always had a strong connection with Japan. My two kids are half-Japanese. Taka is over there now visiting his relatives. We just wanted to help out."
"I got a text out of the blue from (British TV host) Jonathon Ross... He said, 'Can you do anything?' It gave me the idea to release a single to raise money. The British Red Cross are not that well funded. So maybe we can help them out a little bit... The Japanese people are incredible."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns