Feeder's Japan Song Is Deeply Personal for Grant
Feeder has released "Side-By-Side" to help raise money for aid efforts in Japan in the aftermath of last month's devastating earthquake and tsunami disasters.
Grant Nicholas' wife, Kana, is Japanese and their two children have close links to the country, while Hirose was born in Mizuho, Japan.
The star felt compelled to act on behalf of the country, telling Scotland's Sunday Mail, "Feeder have always had a strong connection with Japan. My two kids are half-Japanese. Taka is over there now visiting his relatives. We just wanted to help out."
"I got a text out of the blue from (British TV host) Jonathon Ross... He said, 'Can you do anything?' It gave me the idea to release a single to raise money. The British Red Cross are not that well funded. So maybe we can help them out a little bit... The Japanese people are incredible."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent