Feeder's Japan Song Is Deeply Personal for Grant
Feeder has released "Side-By-Side" to help raise money for aid efforts in Japan in the aftermath of last month's devastating earthquake and tsunami disasters.
Grant Nicholas' wife, Kana, is Japanese and their two children have close links to the country, while Hirose was born in Mizuho, Japan.
The star felt compelled to act on behalf of the country, telling Scotland's Sunday Mail, "Feeder have always had a strong connection with Japan. My two kids are half-Japanese. Taka is over there now visiting his relatives. We just wanted to help out."
"I got a text out of the blue from (British TV host) Jonathon Ross... He said, 'Can you do anything?' It gave me the idea to release a single to raise money. The British Red Cross are not that well funded. So maybe we can help them out a little bit... The Japanese people are incredible."
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video