Feeder's Japan Song Is Deeply Personal for Grant
Feeder has released "Side-By-Side" to help raise money for aid efforts in Japan in the aftermath of last month's devastating earthquake and tsunami disasters.
Grant Nicholas' wife, Kana, is Japanese and their two children have close links to the country, while Hirose was born in Mizuho, Japan.
The star felt compelled to act on behalf of the country, telling Scotland's Sunday Mail, "Feeder have always had a strong connection with Japan. My two kids are half-Japanese. Taka is over there now visiting his relatives. We just wanted to help out."
"I got a text out of the blue from (British TV host) Jonathon Ross... He said, 'Can you do anything?' It gave me the idea to release a single to raise money. The British Red Cross are not that well funded. So maybe we can help them out a little bit... The Japanese people are incredible."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service