Jerry Seinfeld Ridicules Royal Wedding Pomp and Ceremony
During an appearance on breakfast TV show "Daybreak" on Thursday, April 14, Jerry Seinfeld poked fun at the unnecessary media maelstrom surrounding the royal wedding.
Asked for his opinion about the big day at the end of the month, he said, "It's a circus act, it's an absurd act... It's dress-up. It's a classic English thing of let's play dress-up. Let's pretend that these are special people."
"That's what theatre is. That's why the British have the greatest theatre in the world. They love to dress up and they love to play pretend. And that's what the royal family is - it's a huge game of pretend. These aren't special people - it's fake outfits, fake phony hats and gowns."
Prince William and Kate Middleton are set to wed on 29 April. An estimated 2.4 billion people will tune in on TVs around the world to watch them exchange vows.
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala