Billy Ray Cyrus Happy Not to Have Breathing Problems That Killed Grandfather
The "Achy Breaky Heart" singer, Billy Ray Cyrus chose to get himself tested for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) after signing up as a spokesman for the health initiative hoping to stamp out the killer disease.
He took the Tune Up for COPD five-question screener quiz online and found out he's in good shape.
He tells website CMT.com, "I didn't have a perfect score, but I passed."
And Billy Ray Cyrus is content in the knowledge he won't suffer like his grandfather did.
He adds, "I saw him struggle to breathe. It makes you feel helpless. The more I learn about the disease, I realise how many people in my part of Appalachia had trouble like this. Breathing is just such an intricate part of living."
Billy Ray Cyrus has launched a new songwriting contest in collaboration with the charity and he's asking budding stars to write songs about breathing.
He'll pick a winner, who will be flown to Nashville, Tennessee to meet Billy Ray Cyrus. The hitmaker/actor will then perform the winning song as part of the CMA Music Festival in June.
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck