Nicolas Cage Arrested for Domestic Abuse
Police were called to break up a street argument between Nicolas Cage and his wife early on Saturday morning after a taxi driver reported the row.
Sources tell TMZ.com, Nicolas Cage was very drunk and refused to go home quietly when police officers asked him to.
He reportedly dared the cops to arrest him, which they did.
Nicolas Cage was booked on one count of domestic violence and one count of disturbing the peace and released on bail.
The drama comes just a day after Nicolas Cage's latest tax nightmare came to light - the star has been targeted by the International Revenue Service (IRS) for failing to pay taxes on gifts he issued over the last seven years.
The IRS filed a federal tax lien against the National Treasure star on 17 March in Los Angeles for neglecting to pay the required 35 per cent tax on all large gifts.
Nicolas Cage reportedly gave away roughly $1.8 million (GBP1.1 million) worth of gifts since 2004 and reportedly owes the government just over $600,000 (GBP375,000) in unpaid taxes.
In 2009, it was reported the movie star owed $14 million (GBP8.75 million) to the IRS after receiving demands for tax on his income from 2002 to 2004 and 2007.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?