Thandie Newton Backs U.K. Student Protests
Hundreds of students from Cambridge University, where Thandie Newton studied social anthropology, hit the streets in November 2010, to demonstrate against the proposals to increase annual payments and withdraw public funding across several subjects.
Thandie Newton has applauded students for taking a stand against the plans, insisting the fight to save the arts is an important one.
When asked if she would have joined the demonstration, she tells London's Evening Standard, "God, yes! I think that protest was hugely significant. The government should take into account the fact that people have taken to the streets unhappy and allow that to be part of the ongoing dialogue."
"It's always the arts (that are affected). It's the most obvious place to make cuts, but it's also the place everyone goes when they need their broken hearts mended."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie