British Star Trevor Bannister Dies
Trevor Bannister, best known for his role in hit 1970s sitcom "Are You Being Served?", suffered a heart attack on Thursday.
Trevor Bannister studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, before appearing in a number of U.K. TV shows, including "The Dustbinmen", "The Avengers and Last of the Summer Wine".
He was also a regular in the theatre, performing in Shakespeare plays and traditional pantomime shows.
But Trevor Bannister's most notable role was playing ladies' man Mr. Lucas from 1972 to 1979 in "Are You Being Served?", a sitcom set in a fictional London department store.
"Are You Being Served?" actor Frank Thornton has paid tribute to his co-star, insisting he will treasure "many, many happy memories" of Trevor Bannister.
Thornton says, "He was a very good friend over a long time. We often met with him and his wife - he was recently at my 90th birthday celebrations in January and that was the last time we saw him. We shall miss him sorely."
Trevor Bannister is survived by his second wife, Pamela, and brother, John.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!