British Star Trevor Bannister Dies
Trevor Bannister, best known for his role in hit 1970s sitcom "Are You Being Served?", suffered a heart attack on Thursday.
Trevor Bannister studied at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, before appearing in a number of U.K. TV shows, including "The Dustbinmen", "The Avengers and Last of the Summer Wine".
He was also a regular in the theatre, performing in Shakespeare plays and traditional pantomime shows.
But Trevor Bannister's most notable role was playing ladies' man Mr. Lucas from 1972 to 1979 in "Are You Being Served?", a sitcom set in a fictional London department store.
"Are You Being Served?" actor Frank Thornton has paid tribute to his co-star, insisting he will treasure "many, many happy memories" of Trevor Bannister.
Thornton says, "He was a very good friend over a long time. We often met with him and his wife - he was recently at my 90th birthday celebrations in January and that was the last time we saw him. We shall miss him sorely."
Trevor Bannister is survived by his second wife, Pamela, and brother, John.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7