Charlie Sheen Praised for Bipolar Awareness Walk
The former "Two and a Half Men" star, Charlie Sheen, who famously told fans he is not bipolar but "bi-winning", staged a march through the city, accompanied by police officers and several hundred people.
He asked followers to donate money before joining the charity fundraiser, telling the crowd, "I was called bipolar. You guys, I'm bi-winning right? I'm not sure what the f**k bipolar even means. It's a psychiatric opinion, which means that to me it's rooted in judgment."
Sheen pledged the profits to a Canadian bipolar group, and the executive director insists he was surprised and honoured by the gesture.
Kaj Korvela of the Bipolar Affective Disorders tells the Los Angeles Times, "(Sheen) spontaneously decided to do a fundraising walk and deemed us the recipient of the funds. We didn't know it was coming..."
"It's totally about awareness, and if Charlie Sheen can bring it to the public's attention then that's a good thing. We're not commenting on Charlie Sheen or whatever he's dealing with, but he's decided to raise money for our group and we're OK with that."
The condition hit headlines across the world this week when Welsh actress Catherine Zeta-Jones revealed she had spent time in a clinic to receive treatment for bipolar disorder.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift