Charlie Sheen Praised for Bipolar Awareness Walk
The former "Two and a Half Men" star, Charlie Sheen, who famously told fans he is not bipolar but "bi-winning", staged a march through the city, accompanied by police officers and several hundred people.
He asked followers to donate money before joining the charity fundraiser, telling the crowd, "I was called bipolar. You guys, I'm bi-winning right? I'm not sure what the f**k bipolar even means. It's a psychiatric opinion, which means that to me it's rooted in judgment."
Sheen pledged the profits to a Canadian bipolar group, and the executive director insists he was surprised and honoured by the gesture.
Kaj Korvela of the Bipolar Affective Disorders tells the Los Angeles Times, "(Sheen) spontaneously decided to do a fundraising walk and deemed us the recipient of the funds. We didn't know it was coming..."
"It's totally about awareness, and if Charlie Sheen can bring it to the public's attention then that's a good thing. We're not commenting on Charlie Sheen or whatever he's dealing with, but he's decided to raise money for our group and we're OK with that."
The condition hit headlines across the world this week when Welsh actress Catherine Zeta-Jones revealed she had spent time in a clinic to receive treatment for bipolar disorder.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates