Gaga Forced to Release Judas Early After Web Leak
Lady GaGa was due to release Judas, the second song from her upcoming album "Born This Way", on Tuesday, April 19 but an unauthorized version of the tune surfaced on the internet on Friday, April 15.
It is believed "Judas" made its way online after a London radio station broadcast the track on Friday afternoon, according to Billboard.com.
Record executives moved swiftly to counteract the leak - shifting the song's official premiere date forward by four days and releasing it for sale on digital retailer iTunes.
The singer posted a link to purchase "Judas" online in a post on Twitter.com, and added: "New single Judas! Monsters, thank you for inspiring me to write this song. Blood, sweat + Judas."
Just hours after debuting "Judas", Gaga 'Tweeted' another special treat for fans by unveiling the cover art of her highly-anticipated "Born This Way" album. The sleeve, created by British photographer Nick Knight, depicts the star as half-human and half-motorcycle, with her head perched on a bike's handles.
"Born This Way" hits shelves next month.
More Lady GaGa News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers