Nicolas Cage Targeted By Irs Again - Report
The IRS filed a federal tax lien against the "National Treasure" star on 17 March in Los Angeles for neglecting to pay the required 35 per cent tax on all large gifts.
The document, obtained by TMZ.com, reveals Nicolas Cage gave away roughly $1.8 million worth of gifts since 2004 and reportedly owes the government just over $600,000 in unpaid taxes.
In 2009, it was reported the movie star owed $14 million to the IRS after receiving demands for tax on his income from 2002 to 2004 and 2007.
The scandal prompted Nicolas Cage to file suit against his former business manager, Samuel Levin, accusing the accountant of misleading him and overcharging for his services, sending him "down a path of financial ruin".
Levin counter sued, alleging Nicolas Cage squandered his cash on lavish homes and luxury cars and was to blame for his own financial missteps. The legal dispute was settled in August 2010.
By the end of 2010, Nicolas Cage had begun making amends with the IRS and, according to documents obtained by TMZ.com, the actor had made three big repayments by November 10, 2010, totaling $360,545.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences