Nicolas Cage Targeted By Irs Again - Report
The IRS filed a federal tax lien against the "National Treasure" star on 17 March in Los Angeles for neglecting to pay the required 35 per cent tax on all large gifts.
The document, obtained by TMZ.com, reveals Nicolas Cage gave away roughly $1.8 million worth of gifts since 2004 and reportedly owes the government just over $600,000 in unpaid taxes.
In 2009, it was reported the movie star owed $14 million to the IRS after receiving demands for tax on his income from 2002 to 2004 and 2007.
The scandal prompted Nicolas Cage to file suit against his former business manager, Samuel Levin, accusing the accountant of misleading him and overcharging for his services, sending him "down a path of financial ruin".
Levin counter sued, alleging Nicolas Cage squandered his cash on lavish homes and luxury cars and was to blame for his own financial missteps. The legal dispute was settled in August 2010.
By the end of 2010, Nicolas Cage had begun making amends with the IRS and, according to documents obtained by TMZ.com, the actor had made three big repayments by November 10, 2010, totaling $360,545.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski