Johnny Cash Festival to Fund Childhood Home Restoration
The "Man In Black" spent his early years in the city of Dyess, Arkansas and the house where he grew up was recently purchased by officials at Arkansas State University.
Johnny Cash's family members, including his singer daughter Rosanne Cash and son John Carter Cash, have now announced a massive memorial show to raise money to restore the property.
Rosanne says, "I would like to see the authenticity of it preserved. You go and there's something real there and it's kept through the ages and just not cheapened and thrown away."
Proceeds from the Johnny Cash Music Festival will also benefit the Johnny Cash Boyhood Museum in Dyess.
Several members of the Cash family will play at the event, along with the late star's friend Kris Kristofferson and a number of other artists.
The festival will take place on August 4 in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound