Johnny Cash Festival to Fund Childhood Home Restoration
The "Man In Black" spent his early years in the city of Dyess, Arkansas and the house where he grew up was recently purchased by officials at Arkansas State University.
Johnny Cash's family members, including his singer daughter Rosanne Cash and son John Carter Cash, have now announced a massive memorial show to raise money to restore the property.
Rosanne says, "I would like to see the authenticity of it preserved. You go and there's something real there and it's kept through the ages and just not cheapened and thrown away."
Proceeds from the Johnny Cash Music Festival will also benefit the Johnny Cash Boyhood Museum in Dyess.
Several members of the Cash family will play at the event, along with the late star's friend Kris Kristofferson and a number of other artists.
The festival will take place on August 4 in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift