Johnny Cash Festival to Fund Childhood Home Restoration
The "Man In Black" spent his early years in the city of Dyess, Arkansas and the house where he grew up was recently purchased by officials at Arkansas State University.
Johnny Cash's family members, including his singer daughter Rosanne Cash and son John Carter Cash, have now announced a massive memorial show to raise money to restore the property.
Rosanne says, "I would like to see the authenticity of it preserved. You go and there's something real there and it's kept through the ages and just not cheapened and thrown away."
Proceeds from the Johnny Cash Music Festival will also benefit the Johnny Cash Boyhood Museum in Dyess.
Several members of the Cash family will play at the event, along with the late star's friend Kris Kristofferson and a number of other artists.
The festival will take place on August 4 in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors